Author Topic: StarFox fan suggestions and ideas  (Read 106982 times)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
StarFox fan suggestions and ideas
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »
Quote from: DaBrain;101822
"Fox should collect coins on the way, like Mario.".

Andross is in another castle! :p

Jonathan_S47

• Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
Quote from: ratmuffin;101851
I believe "Pilot Mode" is where you could control the character while outside of the vehicle. If I recall, in Assault, the multiplayer vehicle options you could toggle on and off were Pilot, Landmaster and Arwing

So he is basically asking about missions where you control the character on the ground or “on foot?” Those are currently impossible to do. The FSOpen engine does not support the complex animations needed to do so at this time.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned.

Blink

• View Profile
    • http://www.Get--A--Life.com
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Mmm, you could have them fly around with Jetpacks in outer space missions though. :) Small infintry invasion... THAT would be a first for FS.

So, back again to this old topic. I read through it again since things are coming to a close, and it seems the primary points that were repeated throughout the topic (mentioned more than once at least) were:

* Fly the GreatFox
* Have a BlueMarine mission
* Fight in a giant (You guys called it "Battle of Endor") battle

I probably missed some, but those seemed to stick out (and I agreed with a few of them. :) ) so I was curious: do you guys feel you were able to pull things off with SoL in a way that both you and the fans will be satisfied with, and maybe even make both of you pleasantly surprised? (to make it a nice, nondescript question :) )
Video games, I make \'em and play \'em.

Static_the_Fox

• Wearing a visor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/sonicbrawler
« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2008, 03:31:15 AM »
Thanks for giving me the heads up, Jonathan_S47.  I'm just glad that there's at least gonna be Arwing missions, correct?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TobesSwordWielder
« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
No, General Pepper cut star fox's budget, so they'll all have to fly x-wings. :P
Time for a real sig...There.

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »
Quote from: Blink;102017

* Fly the GreatFox

Well, if we don't do it, you'll probably see it in a fan missoin.

* Have a BlueMarine mission

That means a lot of trouble and content/time for one mission.
I'm not saying "no", I just want to to consider this.

* Fight in a giant (You guys called it "Battle of Endor") battle

Well... of course. BoE doesn't work very well for FS2 and most of it's mods.
SoL is an exception, because the enemies are pretty weak compared to other games. ;)

Quote from: Static_the_Fox;102030
I'm just glad that there's at least gonna be Arwing missions, correct?

"At least"?
From what I've heared so far the Arwing parts in all StarFox games are considered to be the best parts of the games.

We're trying to make a game in the tradition of StarFox 64.
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Vergial

• Fleet Admiral Joseph
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2008, 04:12:54 AM »
Quote from: Devestator;102061
No, General Pepper cut star fox's budget, so they'll all have to fly x-wings. :P

I had too big a lul with that one. XD
"You are what you make your life to be. If there is something you don\'t like, change it." ~ Myself

Blink

• View Profile
    • http://www.Get--A--Life.com
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2008, 07:38:12 PM »
DB, y' totally should have responded "No, sorry, all missions take place in the Landmaster. FS isn't designed for Arwing combat" :D

Interesting replies btw... :yes:
Video games, I make \'em and play \'em.

muskydragon

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 09, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
I was curious if there will be any huge Katina like fights? (Big open space battles)

I always loved that in Star fox and of course big space sim games.
Cause every time you played the game, there would be different situations that would happen.

Can you please make it so the NPC would not be so dumb and actually shoot down enemy ships and not get into trouble constantly like in Starfox 64.
That would get a good balance of game play going  

Sorry if you can't understand my grammar, I am using Microsoft Office 2008 and it shows what I am saying is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:08:07 PM by muskydragon »

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 09, 2008, 10:56:31 PM »
lessee, concerning katina, stationary ship with fighterbays, a rotating outer, and a beam weapon. probably.

everything else...-,- i cant undertsand what you're saying. average grammar plz.

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »
Quote from: takashi;102411
Let's see, concerning Katina, there will be a stationary ship with fighterbays, a rotating exterior, and a beam weapon, probably.

For the rest...-,- I can't understand what you're saying. Please use average grammar

Sorry, I had to do it.  ;D
Facilitator of Understanding

Vergial

• Fleet Admiral Joseph
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »
I understood Musky just fine.

As far as I can tell, the AI in FS2 was already good, and definitely helpful. You shouldn't have to worry too much, as these fellas will have no problem keeping the AI smart.
"You are what you make your life to be. If there is something you don\'t like, change it." ~ Myself

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Prototype;102417
Sorry, I had to do it.  ;D

Dang lolcat!

wai iz mai grammer bein rooned bai it!?

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2008, 02:18:58 AM »
My worthless opinions:

Fuel System: IF you do a fuel system, have the enemies you destroy, STAY DESTROYED, not come back like in Command. (In Command, if you engage the enemy, destroy anything, but lose, it all comes back. ANNOYING.) And, possibly, have the fuel last LONG, but if you speed up, fuel is spent faster. Say you flew 100 feet in normal speed. You spent 12 fuel (random numbers used) but if you boost 100 feet, you use 17 fuel. You should use more fuel per distance the faster you go.

Blue Marine mission: Couldn't you just have the mission WAAAAAY underwater, so if you go up, you just keep going up, then just make an underwater-like skybox, and a blue-marine model that is merely an edit of the Arwings, and theres the mission?

GreatFox mission: Maybe not FLY it, just man a turret on it? Maybe do something Missile Command style? ALTERNATE: Have the Great Fox at a low altitude, moving slowly, and have your character standing up top blasting the heck out of any targets in sight.

My worthless suggestions:

Warp-Tunnel level: In the original SNES game, when going from either Asteroid Field to Armada, or Armada to Meteor Base, there was a warp tunnel scene. Is it possible to have a short, on the rails mission in a warp tunnel, guiding the Great Fox through it somehow? This would make the game more real, as you have to fly to each planet yourself.

Level Start: You should change the altitude in which the Arwings are launched due to the situation. If the Great Fox is landed, the start point should be lower altitude, but if  you came to the planet, possibly start higher in the air?

One last thing: MAKE THE MIRAGE DRAGON FROM SF2 A BOSS!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:29:34 AM by Jesse TV »
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Jonathan_S47

• Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2008, 03:25:49 AM »
Fuel System: I think one of the Developers from Relic Entertainment said it best when looking at a feature like this “you have to decide is it fun or, is it work?” A fuel system may make these missions more work then fun and that would ruin the game.

Blue Marine: IF we do a blue marine mission we want to make it worth while instead of just being in there for the “sake of it.”

SNES-Style Level transition: All they really where was setting the camera in a fixed position and watching the arwings “boost off into the distance.” This might be possible, we will look into it. The “Guide the Great Fox” thing however would get rather repetitious and annoying.

Mirage Dragon: Sorry, but I don’t think this is possible do to the same reasons the on foot and a lot of other things are impossible. FS2open’s current animation system is very limited in what it can do. The doors on the attack carrier were a feat in their own right.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned.