Author Topic: The Phoenix Project  (Read 4838 times)

Qwer

• (F)l33t Freak
    • View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« on: February 23, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
Translated post from Freespace.pl by Mekton, project leader (sry if something isn't right, i can't speak english very well):

I'd like to introduce my "Phoenix" champaing. It's emerged in result of evolution of "Prolog" champaing. Prolog was about Third Great War, but because of lack of time and ideas for good plot i've canceled it. But soon after that i've begun work with long planned sequel, "Phoenix". Last time i've completly rebuilt its plot. The story takes place 1100 years after Second Great War. You're a pirate and you're escaping from Shivans. By accident you're getting into one of their systems. You're getting on colony with Terrans changed to slaves by Shivans. This will make chain reaction, which will result in last great confrontation with Shivans.

There will be two versions: polish and english. I'd like to ask somebody for grammar correction once we'll make all missions. Currently everything's ready exept them. There are 3 completed missions there will be around 40.
http://www.freespace.pl <- Polish Freespace Forum and {303} Squadron site

Nuclear

• Admiral o\' th\'Black
    • View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 03:46:26 AM »
I'll gladly help with the grammarcheck when the time comes. :) Looks interesting, especially how it is going to be set so long after FS2.

Qwer

• (F)l33t Freak
    • View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:26:43 AM »
Ok, few more things about Phoenix Project's plot.
During Third Great War GTVA was destroyed by Shivans. Only few survived. They fought with Shivans on principle of guerrilla war, but that didn't work. They decided to escape to the edge of galaxy and stopped using subspace, then they created colony on one of planets. Soon they forgot about Shivans and their past. Series of home wars occouried. Exiles begun withdrawing in technology. After hundreds of years they found leftovers of past. Some people wanted to rebuild Terran-Vasudan civilization. Rebuilding went fine, but in the last stage fleet building the last home war occouried. After dropping hundreds of nuclear charges leftovers of Exiles abadoned planet and started their travel into deep of the galaxy.
And once more sorry for my english skills.:biggrin1:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:27:13 AM by Qwer »

Qwer

• (F)l33t Freak
    • View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 12:10:02 PM »
Time to refresh this topic. :biggrin1:
Phoenix Project has recently been through massive plot&mod change. When i've created this topic it was supposed to be just average campagin with few mods, but now we're creating something which can rival with superproductions such as BWO or MT. I won't give anything from plot, nor even description to not break suprise. :p

Features:
- massive campagin with almost 100 missions
- usage of alredy made models as well as Phoenix-desinged
- massive array of new weaponary desinged from basics
- amazing and suprising storyline
- new species
- personality of some characters
- oryginal approach for Shivan problem.

starlord

• View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »
Sorry to revive this thread, but any news on this promising project, please?

starlord

• View Profile
The Phoenix Project
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »
Right, it seems that qwer has contacted me to say it's dead. Pity, there goes another one!

a shame really!