Author Topic: Starbuck's Lounge, OT *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*  (Read 290021 times)

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
Starbuck's Lounge, OT *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »
After giving this idea couple days to evolve, Joona and I tought it could be good thing to have a thread where to discuss days events or something else that doesn't fit in to normal categories and isn't worth of new thread.

So here it is: Starbuck's Crew Lounge, place where fellow pilots, commanders, civilians and cylons can hang out and chitchat.

Free feel to post in this thread questions, feelings, jokes, etc. No illegal stuff, thought.

Barkeeper(moderators), can we get sticky, please?

:nod:

EDIT: Please read forum rules, guys 'n' gals: "do not double post, you got something to add, edit your previous post"

EDIT2: MORE RULES: READ THEM

Be nice! No picking up fights!
Don't mess around with moderators. If they say something, you'll obey
Think twice before posting; If you have doubts, don't post
If you're not sure what fellow forumer means, ask him/her before making your own judgements. That way we can avoid being missunderstood
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:11:27 AM by Admiral Zaarin »

Hammer

• Easy Like Sunday Morning
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
hmm, we'll see what matt and the other admins have to say about this....
stickied for now
:drevil:

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:02:51 PM »
Thank you. We'll try to play nicely and try to keep OT here instead other topics, specially from the Voice Casting thread...

EDIT: Nifty typos...

Nuclear

• Admiral o\' th\'Black
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
Ah, melikes the idea of this thread already. :)

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 09:43:25 PM »
Happy to see that somebody likes, Nuclear.

I've got problem with pronouncing line 2's "cryptor", any suggestion for BSG-episode to check pronounce correct? More earlier episode, more better.

Wanderer

• Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »
Isn't it used in miniseries? When Apollo saves the civilian vessel by fooling the missile to home on his Mk II and gets stranded by himself?

Joona

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
Well, thanks, Zaarin. Yeah, I know there's a general discussion forum but after all, this BSG fan community is a little... well... community of it's own. If the mods don't have anything against it (just say a word), I'll be hanging around here. A bit like "Earhart's" on the IFH forums, might say.

AFAIK, "cryptor" (mayday) is actually spelled "crypter". If that helps any. I believe the first use of crypter is in the miniseries pilot. As this can't possibly be considered a spoiler to anyone reading this, here's the actual transcript so you can more easily find it.

---

(Missile approaches. Apollo swings in front of it to let it lock onto him. He turns around, fires, and blows it up. His ship is jolted and the power goes out.)

Apollo: Crypter, crypter, crypter. This is Apollo to Colonial Heavy 798. I'm declaring an emergency. Flight systems are offline. Data systems.

(Caprica - Boomer and Helo are parked in a field. There are huge mushroom clouds in the distance.)

Helo: (listens to explosion) That's six. How you comin' on that fuel line?

---

Think that's enough for you to find the right scene.

Joona

P.S. I have another Finn, Swede and Norwegian joke.

A Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian general were arguing during joint military excercises aboard a troop carrier airplane who's got the bravest paratroopers. The Swede said: "our paratroopers are so brave they will jump from 1,000 feet without a chute". And so the Swedish trooper did with a brisk "Sir, yes Sir!". The Norwegian said: "our paratroopers are so brave they will jump from 2,000 feet without a chute". And so the Norwegian trooper did with a peppy "Sir, yes Sir!".

Then the Finnish general said: "our paratroopers are so brave, they'll jump from 3,000 feet without a chute". And the Finnish trooper said nonchalantly: "frak you and jump yourself."

The Finns won.

EDIT: Well, frak me. This IS in General Discussion. Excuse me while I go and shoot myself.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:33:23 PM by Joona »
Starbuck\'s Crew Lounge, the OffTopic-zone:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23960

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »
Hi everybody, Im new to this board. Got hoxed to coming here by Admiral Zaarin. Im a big BSG fan and also greatly looking forward to the BSG mod.

This was truely a great day from a finnish perspective. Finland is in the semi-finals and USA and Canada are out. For those of you who dont have a idea what Im talking about, heres a hint -> a bunch of men skating after a puck... Curling has also as of late become one of my favourite sports:lol:
Chris

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »
Thanks Wanderer and Joona for giving a hint. Now I just have to find the right VHS from that ugly stack of them...

Also, I found yesterday a funny quizzie for everybody: "Which sci-fi crew would you best fit in?"
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=102272&first=yes

My score was tour on the Serenity from Firefly. Not bad, but I wanted Galactica!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »
i got
1 Matrix
2 Cowboy Bepop
3 Stargate
4 BSG

Joona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »
Hi Chris. Nice to see friends here now that I can't and won't chat in POnline. Hurts too much. Oi, se sattui sydämeen, mitä mä teen...?

Zaarin, I took that test yesterday. Scored Stargate. Frak, I don't even like the show. Although I don't despise it either.

Just watched BSG season 2 episodes 1 & 2. Won't spoil anything, of course, but I really couldn't believe it gets even better. I am sorely tempted to stay awake the whole night...

Joona
Starbuck\'s Crew Lounge, the OffTopic-zone:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23960

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »
I'm surprised that you scored StarGåte, Joona, it doesn't quite fit you. And I think I've got good guess about what you're talking about on season 2...that cool render in 'Progress Gallery'

EDIT: Oh, forgot, Joona and Chris, how about that you guys put that greenstuff from my sig to yours also?

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 11:24:25 PM »
Its nice to be here Joona. I also watched BSG Season 2 parts 1 & 2 a couple of days ago and I have to agree. Im amazed over how this series just keeps getting better and better all the time.

Zaarin, that test you linked sucks. I got the Nebuchadnezzar (is that how you write it?) crew, even if I dont like the Matrix that much.
Chris

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »
Fine by me Zaarin, my signature is updated.
Chris

Admiral Zaarin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 11:31:46 PM »
Chris, add [   COLOR="Lime"    ][   B   ] without spaces and the [/ same] around the link.