Author Topic: Cylon Jamming: Missiles This Time  (Read 823 times)

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
Cylon Jamming: Missiles This Time
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:55:27 AM »
I previously posted a thread about possibilities for how to simulate the ability of Cylon raiders to jam and shut down fighters and base-ships, including some that don't use simple event-triggered play-dead commands.  This time however, I'm here to discuss the Cylon missile jamming.  In Season 1 "The Hand of God", we observed Cylons jamming the guidance systems of missiles, throwing them off-course.  I was thinking about how to do this and I came up with 2 ideas.  One, would use the current countermeasure systems, enhanced thanks to PhReAk's SCP additions.  The countermeasure would have a high attraction rate, perhaps in both aspect and heat seeking.  It would have an invisible texture, so that it can't be seen, and be mounted as a weapon for some instellations and turrets, though I'm not sure how the turret AI deals with something like this.  The second option would require additional SCP enhancements.  It would require an actual jamming routine to be coded in, probably though Tertiary systems, should it ever be implimented.  Since something like this would be unlike anything we've got at the moment, I can't actually describe how it would work, so my vote's with option 1.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
Cylon Jamming: Missiles This Time
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 04:30:46 AM »
An invisible missile rather like the one Nuke has made for his mod (which spawns things with the bomb tag so that turrets shoot at them, only this would spawn decoys...if that's possible) would work well.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)