Author Topic: Star Trek (Academy) - working title  (Read 57373 times)

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Star Trek (Academy) - working title
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »
Could you use the Homeworld models? Or are they far less detailed?

Or even ST: Legacy, huge number of ships in that database,
the lads who created the Ultimate Mod for it, might be able to give you a hand,
but im sure you have already thought of that, (my two cents)
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »
It actually depends.

EvilJedi (I think) has made some great models for HW2. There's a good chance of getting them in FS2 if I could get a hold of the original files they were modeled with in a format I can access.

I just haven't approached too many HW2 people because generally it's a hassle as when I switched comps I lost the ability to extract HW2 stuff, the tools refuse to work on my Vista system.

Most of the attempts I made with hw2 models were successful.
HW1 on the other hand usually needs a serious re-texture as that version usually has MUCh lower detailed models.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Jangiri

• Cybran Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »
omg a new star trek movie WOOOT!!
My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
Actually, someone is modeling trek ships in HLP.

Vertigo7 made a very nice entreprise model.

Raven Night

• Nightsoft
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightsoftstudios.com
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2009, 07:29:26 AM »
I dont know if you already know this, but I have personal control over most of the BC2 models now, and created a few new ones of my own.

You are welcome to use all of them in your mod. Just please make sure to give LC props for the ones he worked on.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2009, 06:26:14 AM »
WOW!

That came like a bolt from the blue.
Thanks Raven!

My God it must have been like 3-4 years since Ludi released your work without permission and I [unknowingly] posted a screenshot of the Scorpion, (And hadn't touched it since!).

Always wondered what it would be like to go back and make a proper glow map and shine map for it in the new SCP build... (Looks like now I will get my chance!)

A mighty welcome development! This mod focuses mostly on smaller craft, but uses cap ships as "mother ships" and regional coordination.

The reason I converted so many "CAP" ships was to make eye candy and try to get people in the FS2 community who have the skills needed for a full mod excited about TREK. Well, that and it was so damned fun!!!

Ironic, just when things look really down something comes around to pick up your spirits! A StarBlazer mod I "assisted" will be out soon and thus make it's resources available to US in return and now this! :)

Now if I could only get a new job :) [Still Looking]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:54:31 AM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
A few minutes later...
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
So I got started on some preliminary ones.

I had the old conversion still so texture tweeking wasn't a prob. First set I relly overdid the shine map, it was almost silver even in the dark lol!

The old shield mesh was a cap ship test and man is it fugly! I need to get a proper shield redone for it. Cause when you shoot it now about 1/5 of the ship is obscured by the shield hit...

Also it kills itself when firing, I think we had it set for 360degree firing and it is shooting through itself. :) OUCH!

Still it was a nice walk down memory lane. Trashman did the initial turrets and it will have to be rearmed a bit. Still did not turn out half bad compared to my first straightforward bland attempt long ago.

what a difference!

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
Very nice! What's that ship's class exactly? looks like a patrol ship. Also, I've had problems in registering the armada 2 forums, I'm afraid. I would like to ask if they have any hur'q and kam'jatae ships out there (they already have the invasion typhoon carrier and valkyrie fighters, perhaps we'll see them one day in this MOD).

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
Valk is in game but is LOW poly, a almost HTL-level Typhoon is in the works.

If Hur'q is Klingon? I think there's a good chance I might already have it.

I posted a Valk kitbash a while ago as an attempt to spruce it up.

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »
Actually the hur'q had skirmishes with the klingons a huge amont of time ago. and in the PS1 invasion, the kam'jatae (sort of hur'q descendants) stayed behind to guard the hur'q who had been maintained emprizoned by a wormhole of some sorts, and events in invasion leads to the awakening of the kam'jatae and then, the arrival of the hur'q themselves. the 2 factions have evolved differently, therefore they have different ships.
I tried to post a request on the armada 2 forums, but I have problems registering (that activation email never came), and my emails to the support address and been unanswered.

lahonda_99

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2009, 04:50:41 AM »
Is there a release for this modification or a tentative date?  I am deeply interested in it.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:11 AM »
No there isn't, over the last 5 years or so there has not been ANY skilled help to move this along. I do what I can, but because of PCS2 difficulties (It won't work on my system) and other issues (both RL and mod related). This project should be considered dead. Go talk to Dragon on HLP.

I still do single conversions when they port, but I'm seriously jaded after everything I've been through and still put into the effort of the various projects.

Someone pls lock this thread... (yes I'm that frustrated).