Author Topic: Freespace 2 Colossus......  (Read 9586 times)

oldwarrior

• View Profile
Freespace 2 Colossus......
« on: February 17, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »
Hello humans: My buddy just gave me a cd titled Freespace 2 Colossus. Does anyknow anything about this CD?? Never heard of it before. Thanks
oldwarrior

ZipperBlues

• That\'s Mr. Douchebag!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »
some quick research seems to suggest it's a special edition that's been available only in.... poland.

Sounds a bit out there, but it would probably explain why most of the articles I've seen on it aren't in english.

Update:

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/links/games/interplay/freespace2colossusoem/freespace2colossusoem.htm

OH.MY.GOD.... IF I COULD POSSIBLY GET SOME TRACKS OFF YOU, I PROMISE NOT TO HUMP YOUR LEG!!!!

oldwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 03:00:25 PM »
ZipperBlues: Thanks for the link.
oldwarrior

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:17:21 PM »
IIRC it's basically an expanded demo version, it usually shipped with joysticks and the like.
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:16:12 PM »
Colossus isn't just available in Poland. I have a copy. Got it when I bought my Logitech Force 3D joystick (Which ironically enough I bought so that I could play FreeSpace) :)

Colossus is the first 10 missions only but it's good enough to play retail multiplayer or to install FS2_Open and some mods on (although I'd advise getting the HotU version instead).

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »
didnt you download the freespacezone version oldwarrior?

oldwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »
Yes I did. A friend gave me this ver. this morning. I had never heard of it and doing a quick search (from work) I could not find anything on it. I now have a stable/working copy including being able to view the new graphics. In my research and thanks to you guys on this forum I discovered this morning that the files I downloaded are not the latest available. So tonight I will d/w and install the latest ver. of FS2 Open. I think I have everything working correctly based upon the following:

A-no errors noted when I run the game within the launcher
B-I am playing the game in the original campaign and the asteroids look awesome!

I am looking for ways to verify my installs to get the most for the files submitted by the community. If you have or know of any tests I can perform please let me know. Thanks.
oldwarrior

Keleus

• Putinfilaĉo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:08 AM »
I got lucky and downloaded ISOs of the three CD version. I got the whole package, baby :D
keleus@epicenter.groundzero:~$ fortune -lo > $FORUM/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=$OPENTHREAD