Author Topic: REPORT BUGS FOR THE NEW PXO SERVER HERE  (Read 10024 times)

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://icculus.org/~taylor
REPORT BUGS FOR THE NEW PXO SERVER HERE
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter']Just curious, are you guys using any FS2net script also to create pxo or is a whole new project

FS2NetD isn't portable enough to continue living. :D

PXO is going to be the code that came from Volition but with the client side modified to be cross-platform and the server side being totally rewritten to be cross-platform (but still do all of the same things the same basic way, ie. it will be compatible with retail).  All of the FS2NetD client code in SCP is going to be ripped out and replaced by PXO code.  Some FS2NetD type things will remain for mods and what not, but that code will either be heavily modified to be compatible with PXO and reused, or ripped out and rewritten from scratch.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 06:37:22 PM »
cool, then it WILL be compatible with Retail, i just wanted to know for those who would be using retail CD's, Im just hoping SCP will be more stable for multiplayer soon, when it does get there, you will find me using it :biggrin1:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 06:59:10 PM »
No one ever said it wouldn't be. What I was saying to you on ICQ was that if you never find any retail players to test it then it soon will become incompatible with retail due to bugs appearing which the coders are never informed about.

That's basically what happened to FSO. The multi community ignored it and it basically stopped working well with multi.

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
Well, if anyone needs player-testers with the retail CD version, I happen to have the CD retail version and will be glad to volunteer as a tester.  :nod:

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »
just relize that testing involves a lot of frustration with game crashing :)

Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »
I have problem with activation link.
I tried everything you write, and nothing.
Please help :biggrin1:

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Master Stinger
Well, if anyone needs player-testers with the retail CD version, I happen to have the CD retail version and will be glad to volunteer as a tester.  :nod:

Im glad we have some people willing to back me up :biggrin1:

Dajmin

• All UR Base R Belong 2 Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »
I use the newest version of the SCP (3.6.7) and have edited my files to use FS2NetD.  Do I need to go back to the retail version to use PXO?

In fact, step-by-step instructions suitable for an idiot would be even better :)  Would love to be able to play against real people but have modded so much I'm not sure what needs to be changed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:11:30 PM by Dajmin »

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 04:39:10 AM »
Ok, new problem.  Foa couple of weeks or so now I have been able to connect and play over FS2netD.  Now, as of yesterday, I can no longer connect.  Everytime I try, it tells me "Connection failed".  Please help.  Thank you.

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://icculus.org/~taylor
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Master Stinger
Ok, new problem.  Foa couple of weeks or so now I have been able to connect and play over FS2netD.  Now, as of yesterday, I can no longer connect.  Everytime I try, it tells me "Connection failed".  Please help.  Thank you.

I've been running it remotely to catch crashes but when the server rebooted recently I never thought to log back in a make sure it got restarted.  Should be running now though.  Sorry! :)

I'm still waiting for the time to rewrite parts of the code so that it's easier to be run in daemon mode and manage itself (ie, if it crashes it would automatically restart).  At that point this type of downtime should be non-existant.

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »
So it was down?  :blah:   When I went to the FS@netD website to check if there were players online, it said that there were 2 players on.  Unless they were you guys testing out the server...:biggrin1:

Alva

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 03:57:37 PM »
i have the problem that i can log in. But when i will log in by game there´s coming that i must wait for player point standing or sometihng like tihs and then there is coming unknown error and then the game goes next to the multiplayer launch!

Master Stinger

• Master Stinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »
Yeah, I seem to have the problem of waiting for FS2 to retrieve my pilot stats for 30 seconds, only to wait all 30 secs for it to say that it failed.  I just chalked it to being that since the server is having problems saving stats and I have no stats prior to the prblem, that's why I have to wait it out until it can start saving stats.

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »
I'm having the same pilot stats timeout problem as well...

{303}Keiichi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »
It seems that activation mail thingy still dosent work. Is it possible to recive it via PM?