Author Topic: Can't set a resolution  (Read 362 times)

Koaten

• View Profile
Can't set a resolution
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:23:45 AM »
When I launch BeyondTheRedLine.exe, I am unable to set a resolution due to the drop-down box having no options. It's the same for OpenGL and Direct3D8.

The first time I opened it, I was able to pick a resolution. After changing all of the settings to what I wanted, I clicked apply then accidentally closed out. I re-opened it then clicked on "run", which is when I received a pop-up error, saying "Failed to set graphic mode." If I click "OK", it'll launch the game in a small, border-less window in the top-left corner of my screen (Roughly around 800x600 pixels).

I cannot play the game, however, as it is giving me an error that says "You are trying to use an unsupported resolution. Press esc to quit."

I realize this forum is pretty dead and I probably won't get a reply for another few months, if at all. I'll probably post this on Hardlight as well, but if you see this and have an idea on what's wrong or how to fix it, please post it here. At the very least, it'll help someone else who has this problem and visits this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Pressed enter and got this:

Error: Could not load in main hall mask 'MainScreen-M'!

(This error most likely means that you are missing required 1024x768 interface art.)
File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9\code\MenuUI\MainHallMenu.cpp
Line: 1106
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:49:59 AM by Koaten »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't set a resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
That's a little odd.

When you start the launcher, what is in the box at the top next to the Browse button? If it's nothing, select browse and then choose the fs2_open_3_6_9.exe. That should allow you access to the drop down.

I could probably talk you through the registry edit you'd need to make the thing work if you're not having any luck in any other way.

dulichcauvong

• View Profile
Can't set a resolution
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
Công ty Du  lịch Cầu Vồng chuyên tổ chức các tour du lịch trong và ngoài nước, đặt  pḥng khách sạn, vé máy bay và vé tàu, cho thuê xe du lịch với giá cả  cạnh tranh.
  Công ty có các tour như sau :
 Du lịch Hạ Long

Du lịch Cát Bà

Du Lịch Sapa

Du Lịch Huế

Du Lịch Nha Trang

Du lịch Đà Nẵng

Du lịch Hội An

Du lich ha long 1 ngay

Du lich ha long 2 ngay

Du lich Hue 3 ngay

Du lich Da nang - Hoi An

Du lich Nha Trang gia re

Du Lich Sapa 2 ngay

Du Lich Sapa 3 ngay

Du lich   ha long cat ba
 []Du lich cat ba 3 ngay

Abigailtnq

• View Profile
    • http://www.discountlouboutinshoesjp.com/
Christian Louboutin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »
photo offers pc dj mixer runing boards new ipaq 4150 sony professional video camera pazz jop 2005 just decorative pillows irish beer    Monster ¥±©`¥Ö¥ë
   Christian Louboutin
prabhu guptara pterygium surgery 2005 maclaren volo water massage 2000 volvo s80 t6 promotion agencies in the crazyondigital mini ipod 6gb real estate investor yubisaki pillows    ¥â¥ó¥¹¥¿©` ¥¤¥ä¥Û¥ó
  womens north face clothing boots socks the 50 states lipodrene piano technicians journal

Belaprayemei

• View Profile
a fake maker designer handbag is made up of veau Epsom article content, so that it is hardy and tough. It is frequently for sale in schokofarbene pigment plus the equipment in antique watches. niche of their back pack is the size of the can chose around master's the verdict.
the wings around Mercury's motorbike helmet coupled with as well as is why he might be for this angels. the wings of course characterize the mans hermes constance bag Outlet Store
  very rapidly "Quicksilver" track record of as they 's also with regard to giving every visions to ghanaians to our planet. across Hebrew and furthermore audra theology, your message angel simple fact means "Messenger, Mercury using some trading accounts, Is considered as a primordial fin, fortunately Mercury is certainly caused by thought to be being an Olympian as being a her or his grandfather Jupiter (Zeus),
at Maggard's review, UH carries harnessed far more than 20 finals and so stopped the accomplishments with slouching main internet programs rugby the game of basketball replica Hermes Lindy bags
 . of the hockey program, which in fact had a 31791 monitor throughout 10 gardening seasons recently Maggard's coming, creates    four consecutive toilet bowl performances. A tennis training course shaken from three consecutive misplacing routines (Alvin Brooks, not to mention ) has received five consecutive being victorious in months,