Author Topic: What's up, what's down and what's stationary  (Read 33234 times)

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
What's up, what's down and what's stationary
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
Thanks Brox, it means a lot to us that you'll keep the site going, and will host the assets if they're released.
I also am a little concerned for the future of game-warden. I wonder if there is anyway to archive everything here onto hard-light, and convince jc4jc to move his mod over?

Anyway, mando's mod could be promising if we get a few more members, and I have something of my own in the works. SoL will not be forgotten, and it will live on in us!

Yup.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
To be honest, I think if you get the rights to SoL's stuff you could release something fairly quickly. SoL had a similar problem to Diaspora with feature creep and trying to make sure that everything they had was the best quality. In SoL's case it looks like it was terminal.

If you simply decide to get something out and improve upon it later, I can't see that taking too long.

Psy_Commando

• View Profile
    • http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-sfr
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
@karajorma:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind.

The way I see it, is that you guys seem to be out of motivation, members, and time.
I think we can surely find that around.

The_Undying_Nephalim

• View Profile
    • http://papetoonscafe.wetpaint.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
It is quite a disappointment, this is probably the oldest mod and the one I've followed the longest. :sigh:

If those that started the mod don't mind, it would be awesome if you released the models and perhaps a plot synopsis and features you were going to include in SoL. Perhaps I can survive some or most of the mod in my Starfox RTS?

mandobardanjusik

• maveric modeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:46 PM »
I tried that 2 years ago trying to get some help for my starfox rts, never heard back myself, and some of this stuff is a tad bit too much for a rts, and wont look nearly as good

Fara Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »
I'm...not surprised, in a way.
I also don't know whether to be sad, or to simply accept the fact and from then on disregard the mod's existence as it has become irrelevant - in approximately ninety-five per cent of given cases I only play finished projects, and therefore cannot judge this one.

The_Undying_Nephalim

• View Profile
    • http://papetoonscafe.wetpaint.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
Quote from: mandobardanjusik;148302
I tried that 2 years ago trying to get some help for my starfox rts, never heard back myself, and some of this stuff is a tad bit too much for a rts, and wont look nearly as good

I think some of their designs might fit into my RTS: http://www.moddb.com/mods/starfox-rts

Though I really don't know the extent of what they've done other then the few ships that appeared in the SoL trailers.

mandobardanjusik

• maveric modeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
I meant poly levels

etertay

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
honestly, im not really suprised with the year-space between updates. I think the sol team owes it to the fan-base to release the material and let someone else take the reigns if they want.

count me in for any sort of revival btw

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
Just something to think about: What has the fanbase done for the SoL team?
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
Well I don't think it's fair to complain about the fans. I think feature creep is what killed SoL in the end. It's one reason why I'd urge whoever takes their place to get something out quickly.

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 05:49:34 AM »
Please GPL or release what you have under a similar license. This removes any questions when working with the content. :)
Facilitator of Understanding

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »
This is a huge disappointment, I've been watching this mod since I was in the 7th grade, and I've been supporting it every step of the way. Heck, Lylat Reloaded got it's start here as a result of our devotion to the series. I hope that you find a way to deliver all of the completed content to the fans that have spent many hours here on the forums. But thanks for trying guys, what you got finished you did well with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Prototype;148560
Please GPL or release what you have under a similar license. This removes any questions when working with the content. :)

GPL would be a bad idea. Creative Commons would be much better.

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
Just posting this here for people who get updates on this thread there is exciting news on the news section of the website http://www.shadowsoflylat.net/

This will probably be one of the last news updates. The only other updates will probably be about new screenshots and concept art being released to the public. I hope you all enjoy this and who knows maybe another team will pick it up.