Author Topic: Mod comments and suggestions  (Read 20020 times)

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
Mod comments and suggestions
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 06:04:04 AM »
sorry, but I don't anderstand your question! :)

You are speaking about the multiple missiles launches and explosions?
In Freespace, pilots have always the possibility to evade.
The difficulty is to take care of not to be on the battlecruisers beam canons trajectory.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 04:43:57 AM »
This is the best video i could come up with on short notice but if you watch for the battle parts thats a lot of missiles to have to dodge, more then anything ive seen in FS2 even with dual shooting Hornets.  Im just saying if you follow the macross style of missile fire ur gonna need alot of fancy flying, flairs and chaff to survive the first shoot off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7kqDLKkjIM&mode=related&search=
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 05:58:13 AM »
With missions which are using few ships and fighters: it's very easy to drop 20 missiles per launch: but there is a big problem with big missions.

A missile is a 3d Object, and the Freespace 2 has a 3d object number limitation!
So when the limit is reached: no more guns and missiles. All weapons are off!

If you made big missions, you should know this limitation.

When i've made my first Battleship, i've added a lot of missiles launchers to be visually closed to the anime. But not applicable for big missions...
My mission against Dolza requires more than 400 ships and fighters...

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »
This train of though has inspired me (evil grin)....

First, we already have the explosion look in that video, the short white and yellows bursts. (I was going for anime instead of realistic explosions)

Second, since I just thought of it from recent postings you will all have to wait awhile, but I will have to do some extensive testing...

Trashman has mentioned he will attempt to rebuild Soldier Mode SDF-1 in the future...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 09:44:55 AM »
Just a minor update....

After 3 years of searching I FINALLY got my hands on those VO models. I noticed that the HW2 team uses a lot of them as base and then models new ones to replace them. I am planning on the same thing.

While they ARE rather low poly, the main thing is that they exist! At least several are great candidates for the ship lists I posted earlier. Most will be temp placements while others will be permanent (Like the Cyclops Recon, it's that damn good for my needs, and also the rearming ship).

I'll be gone for a bit while I try to build a basic battloid and a super VT out of the parts. So don't expect any posts/pics for a while. Just wanted to get the word out that more progress has and will be made..

Oh and I found a cockpit model! Needs cleaning up and an area for animation of video screens (like BTRL) but damn it's there!!!! Just need a expert to work with it later on and insert it in the fighters when the time is right.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
Update....

I came to a decision, even though the VO models have issues (and they ARE being worked on as we speak! Thanks to: Models Please!) they will be used to replace all the original corresponding content as well as most of the ships Rowhider provided.

This is not meant as an insult, but they appear to be the exact same models (so take that as a complement!) but the original textures are more in line with the appearances in the show(s) than his custom ones (it's just my opinion).

Plus the recent positive responses posted by visitors in regards to them moves me to this.

This has a side benefit (I hope) of helping to lessen any bad feelings on the part of the HW2 team (in particualr Lestat). I had never dealt with him directly and also never got any confirmation on my requests for help/direct porting of models, aside from a vague statement about "meshes in dispute" - which has nothing to do with me...

AFAIK all meshes being worked (or reworked in most cases) are fully credited and were contributed/appropriated by this mod Directly or by Open usage statements by the authors in their read me's.

As always, if someone has a question (or an issue) all they have to do is let me know and I will give it my FULL attention.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »
Note to self: (you've been posting your sig WAY too much! Try to go a bit easier on peoples eyes...)

Uh ok... :D

Anyway I noticed how things are turning out and just wanted to remind people that we WILL need a recognized tabler in the future (a safe estimate would be early 2008, but don't hold me to it, we still could loose the momentum we have now).

The reason I've not had someone do this earlier was that we simply did NOT have the content in to be balanced. I feel confidant that by then we will have enough done for the (whisper: demo) by then. Of course things can change but I hope not. We've never had so much progress completed so quickly before as we have right now!

SO LET'S KEEP IT UP!

Incidently, Models Please has mentioned he might "fix" all the VO models (as he finds the time) He has already contributed a great deal to this Mod (instead of just a few easter eggs we might end up with a whole level!). He's primarily a Star Fleet Command III Modeler, but is also a huge Robotech fan. I have sent him everything that has come before for HIS efforts.

(Good Luck with your project MP!)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:08:02 PM by Star Dragon »

tooniacot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »
Hi,

Since the component output is lost after the mod, it is likely that the problem is related to soldering or pin assignment. Are you sure the pin assignment of the BT656 output is correct?

Cheers,
Atman