Author Topic: Mod comments and suggestions  (Read 20504 times)

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
Robotech Mod
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 04:16:44 PM »
I just want some informations on the mod:
-There is a scenario for a missions (where?)?
-What the priority?
-How many ships/cruisers are now available?
-How many peaple is working on?
-All posts on this forum are very old, who is always working on the mod?
-Who is doing what?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Mod comments and suggestions
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 04:47:40 PM »
1.) I have always focused on missions that would be playable episodes. Since we are skipping Southern Cross (Merely for the present time as most of those episdoes are GROUND BASED) that only leaves the 36 episodes of Macross plus the 20ish episodes of Next Generation (Mospedia). Also included will be the 5 sentinels books (extremely broken down).

2.) The priority is MESHES! all missions are heavily dependant on the new content. I dont play the game of fredding a mission with 90% stand in models. I fredded several missions with the original mod that are playable but will need to be converted over eventually to the new SCp engine format (meaning minor changes).

3.) Not may are available because team members keep popping in and out and only I have ALL the files. I prefer to work backwards and only list what NEEDS to be done. This serves two purposes. First to show how progress is being made (and what is holding development up). and two focuses work effort into those areas! I was going to update the current upload but because of a certain individual, many meshes we HAVE but were waiting to get fixed never got done and now it's been a year...

4.) I am continuiously working on this project equally with all my others. Trashman is in the same situation. Matthew is learning textures still and runs this site (and hosts the project files) so that's his contribution, for which we are grateful. Two other modlers head other engine projects (like HW2 and Shatterstar) and assist when they can but since they dont play FS2 they didn't want to officially join (but still receive full credits). So you can see why I keep searching for new members to keep a solid team together and get production where it should be for a mod of this magnitude.

5&6.) yeah all posts are mostly old cause we dont have much to say under development. I already mentione dwho was helping us out above and if you read the "To Do lists" posted in the sticky, you can see the modler's name vext to the meshes still to be done. I left the word DONE! in slots where the proper name used to be for previously listed modles. This was to show a mesh had been completed and taken off the list. There is no reason to list all the work that is already done (and part of teh fun is to see it in game anyway) only people who have followed the "to do list" since the beginning saw all the previous ships, plus I still have kept a few surprises secret (hopefully)...

I try not to get my hopes up too far as you see some people pop in , bother to register and say yo I want in for RTII, then they never come back...

I got nothing against that but it is rather frustrating since I have so little in the way of skills and most of the time I try to build bridges across other communities in regards to anime mods or Trek.

this should get you up to speed if you've read all the previous stickies and posts from the beginning (alter the settings to show "all posts" or "from the beginning")

When I join a new site in my controls/preferances I always do that so I can catch up on threads that catch my interest. Sometimes that is a killer to read through (like on spacebattles.com where you can have thousands of posts in a subject!).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »
Yesterday, i've made a special sound track for the robotech mod based on the original Macross OST.  
With all musics files in *.ogg, the result is pretty good. (can't be ugliest than the robotech musics :) ):p

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 06:31:29 PM »
LOL,, Yeah I hear you.. Some are quite good though as a fair number of the PURE Macross ones to me are a bit "poppy? Warm and Fuzzy" and not suitable for combat or even in between mission scenes... ;) Just an opinion...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2005, 08:32:01 AM »
I've selected 10 on 43 tracks for my music pack (DYRL OST). These musics are really good for fighting, but I agree with you: all musics can't be used.

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 04:13:15 AM »
I may be confusing my shows but Robo tech is the same as Macross?
Its been a while but Macross II was the one were the TV reporter nabbed the cute alien chick during the middle of a big battle?

If so are you going to be implementing the big hologrpahic pop star things that were displayed during space battles?

Feel free to bash me for not having my shows right
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
Not a problem, First sticky kinda covers this, but I forgot to go back and elaborate there...

Robotech si teh bastard child of three aniem shows:  Macross, Super Dimensional Calvary Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospedea.

Carl Macek had to cobble together a show long enough for American Syndication or they wouldn;t air it. he knew the anime market was ripe and created "Robotech out of the editing of those three shows (some are more edited than others).

Although it was a hack job of three totally unrelated series to me it worked beautifully! It was decent dialogue and even better voice acting that made the story move and felt that it was one long saga.

This Mod covers most of Macross and some of the Invid Invasion (Mospedea). At the current time we are skipping Southern Cross cause of the lack of a ground/gravity mod (maybe in the future we will revist it).

Macross II was an alternate Universe storyline (like Gudnam has a bunch of, most of the characters/events have nothing to do with each other).

Macross DYRL (Do you Remember Love) is considered a Movie made to dramatize the events of Space War One (Macross). It is considered a movie within a movie and the anime characters themselves know of it as a movie! The Bridge crew of the Battle 7 in the Macross 7 series talk about DYRL and how Basara is probably trying to be like the next Lynn Minmei.

Some mecha/events may appear in the mod from these series but only as "easter eggs". Plus I have to acquire the resouces for them first.

I do write cross over fanfiction at spacebattles.com (occasionally) so if you like Robotech crossovers with just about everything go check it out (Link to it in the second from top thread).

I hope this answered most of your questions, but feel free to ask me anything (Robotech) related. If anyone takes that as an opportunity to spam I will sick the Hyper Intelligent shade of Blue on you! :D...

L8tr!

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »
Ok this is porbably stupid stil but are you guys gonna have the big huge popstar hologrpahs in this or was that not in the serires?  i forget what they were for wether it was moral or shields or to distract the enemy but i thought it was interesting when i saw it.
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 08:22:16 PM »
That is the opening fight in Macross II when the Marduk send a scout/strike force to invade Earth.

UNSPACY activates operation Minmay Holographic Sattelites of her singing "Bananna Moon Love".

I seriously doubt it, but you never know...

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »
Few weeks ago, I started to create a campagne with the Zentradi's against Meltran.

For the scenari: After being captured by Brithaļ: Misa, Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki are hiden in a Zentran Fighter and shall fight against Meltran with the Zentradis Fleet.;)

An Example of Mission: protect the Robotech Factory against a massive attack from the Meltran Fleet...

I think it could be very interesting to integer this kind of missions:ha:

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »
Maybe something could be worked out...

Mulder has responded to inquiry and is willing to try his hand at some battloids. He will look into it as I requested several RT meshes that are also classic Battletech ones, and he does BT modling.

I eargerly look forward to hearing from him again. Especially since I need one mesh as we had discussed the specifics of construction-wise, to see if my idea about Destroids and mech forms in general will work. (if it does than this wil enhance the experience and make it more feasible to have such units in game.)

Rowhider

• View Profile
Mech mod for HL1
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
A mod for HL1 where you can fight with a VF1, a Monster, a Gundam Freedom and a Deathscythe: must be checked :ha: :ha:

http://www.mechmod.com/gallery.php

http://www.mechmod.com/gallery/alpha/vf1j.jpg
http://www.mechmod.com/gallery/alpha/deathscythe.jpg
http://www.mechmod.com/gallery/alpha/mk2.jpg
http://www.mechmod.com/gallery/alpha/freedom.jpg

Maybe some great models to get ;)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 09:28:14 PM »
When I approached them earlier The HL and Q3 mods both were closed as far as their content were concerned.  Maybe in the future I can ask them again (give them another year or two).

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »
I've tried the game Macross VO (2001): The FS2 robotech mod is better at all levels. Textures are sad, without details: only fighters model are interesting but in *.x (with the transformation animation)

I will check what i have the possibility to import in FS2...

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »
Hey i had a question gameplay wise are you guys going to have the heavy duty missile spammage that seems to occur in macross (visually in the show its pretty cool)?  If so are you planning to make them dum so pilots can evade and not just turn the game into a "first lock wins" scenario?
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]