Author Topic: Fan movie  (Read 21736 times)

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
Here's a question... why in bleeding statues' eyes have I not been following this thread? I could go for some auditioning, unfortunately I've been nursing a head cold for the last week and I'm moving to a new state this weekend. Once I get settled in I'll down a bag of Ricollas and take another look at this.

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »
There is time yet. We have only decided the voice actors who are going to be in the last trailer (in fact they are already recording)

StarDragon, the other guys taking these decisitions coudnt hear the files yet (they are over other issues) do you think if I give you (and anybody else here who wants) some Khyron and Breetai's lines you could record them so we listen how you sound specifically in those roles?

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
This one is just for you guys

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »
I assume you will be tweaking the recorded lines with some sort of effect?
(I tinkered once with goldwave to see if I could get any Zent settings I liked on echo or mechanized even).

I'd give it a go only if you listened to a few of the samples I posted.
I wouldn't want to get my hopes up if they decided not to use me for anything.
The initial ECW sound person was estatic for me to do that role and today I got a PM that basicly said the Samples I posted are to be tossed (and I felt that at least 50% of them were spot on even as a RAW file). So I'm backing out of that project.

I stated in the beginning I had sound issues and had limited control over them.
At this point I'm lucky I can make a recording at all.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »
yes, I have listened the samples. The other 2 guys who along me decide about the voice actors are Michel and Nenad, they havent listened them yet because there are several audition files sent by differente people and they are quite busy with the new website and new trailer respectively.

If we see you are a good Robotech voice actor (I feel you are a good actor, though I havent heard you as a Robotech voice actor) and a better Robotech voice actor that other people who sent audio files, but your voice doesnt fit for Breetai or Khyron (I'm not saying that, but if that happens after we listen those files),  there is also a chance we could even give you another role as a zentraedi soldier or an RDF pilot, and in the case something like that works for you

These are the lines we would like to hear, if it isnt too much asking. My advice, if you have the series, listen how those lines in the series were done.
may be (or probably) you are a bigger Robotech fan than I am, but in the case you are not, they are in episode 36, 16,  36, 36, 11, 1

Khyron --

"But before I leave Earth, I want to destroy the SDF-1!"

"In the centuries to come, if any of them are left alive, they will speak with terror the name Khyron!"

"My revenge is well worth waiting for, Admiral Gloval is going to wish he'd never heard of me"

"It requires a sacrifice. Are you willing to face it with me, Azonia?

Breetai --

"You are finished now, micronian!"

"Look at that. Now we know for sure that the ship is on that planet. All ships continue advancing. Exercise extreme caution. "

"Yes but why are they using such primitive weapons? Our scout ships have broken through. Its unbelievable. Some sort of trick no doubt."

"What a disorderly arrangement. These people are completely ignorant of space war tactics. What! Thats Zors battle fortress but whats happened to it?!"

"Mere Micronians couldnt possibly have captured a Robotech ship."

Greetings, Alex

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
BTW, we can  tweak the recorded lines with some sort of effect, but we cant improve the quality of the recording. That's something you will have to do, the quality of the files (I'm not talking about your voice acting) work for us as a demo, but not for the movie, but if we see you are good as a voice actor for the movie, may be we can show you some movie previews and that plus some technical advices from us will make you find a way to improve the quality of the recordings. After watching the last animation renders, I was willing to kill somebody if necessary for the movie. This is something that's going to be seen massively everywhere.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:56:41 PM by charmquark »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »
Yeah I understand about time constraints. I have no problem doing some throwaway lines as possible temp placeholders... I just had a bad experience though. The sound guy of a project was enthuasiastic that I do a certain role, and after he quit the person taking over said they were crap and I know damn sure the actual lines were better than the "samples". That's why I'd rather not do things with too much expectation about them.

Yes I've been a fan since initial broadcast and over the years tried to collect at least teh movies, rpg and various soundtracks.

I'll try to get those test lines done ASAP. I personally don't think I'd be good as either character, but like I mentioned if the sound people think I'd be a good "filler" pilot or com chatter, that would be neat, but I'm not expecting anything really.

[EDIT] HAha the Gods are against me, I just booted up Goldwave to record the first line and a driving rain started banging aginst the walls/window... will try later. :)

Doug's semi-weekly podcast begins in like 8 hours... I think I saw it mentioned on your forum...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:03:39 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 08:05:42 PM »
you can try Zor too if you want to  and you dont think your voice fit as a Zentraedi (Im not saying so, it might work). We havent picked any Zor yet.

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »
BTW, Dolza will be on it. Though he will be a secondary character compared to Breetai, Khyron and Zor

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »
I did these from memory:

http://www.4shared.com/file/71656198/1841ea25/SDs_genesis_lines.html

If there's potential there I will dig out my DVD's and do them up right (timing tone ect...)

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »
No answer from the UEG team yet.

Arch_Angel

• Phoenix Squadron
    • View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 01:49:30 AM »
any news on the movie yet ? i checked the site link and it was acting up so i figured to wait and ask someone else.

it shows promise....provided we actually get to see the finished movie.

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 05:46:32 AM »
News about the movie.

The new website is about to be ready, so we are going to put up a new teaser online. It will have galleries with the new Robotech Genesis designs, among other things. The new teaser I have to say, I dont even myself believe how it looks.

After the new teaser the last trailer should be coming soon.

The Breetai, Khyron auditions, since those characters arent going to have lines in the trailer or they wont appear (unless some last moment modification is made), Michel and Nenad are taking their time to make a desition, they are more over other issues.

In the teaser you see Hunter, Lisa, Miriya and Zor and in the trailer you have to add to that at least Max. We have 2 rock bands composing music for the movie, one from southamerica making an original song, plus some instrumental "songs" that we might use depending on one of the following items, and one from northamerica making an adaptation of a Robotech one, and if we are lucky we'll have a professional composer doing the main instrumental music, and an aprentice of soprano to perform a Minmei song. A comic artist to contribute to our artbook and we found 2 cool actresses

And we have a cool professional actor with experience in animated film that you know and if we are lucky and nothing changes they'll be two. And there is many people who lately is trying to help and we are seeing how we do to incorporate what they can do to the movie. So new animators, musicians, etc. can be incorporated in any moment.

All these pictures are screenshots from the movie

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=695402

Movie release date... to be decided.

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

charmquark

• View Profile
Fan movie
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
Wake up, people!