Author Topic: Beauty shots Gallery  (Read 214237 times)

ZildjianO0

• Capt. Earthworm
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:30 AM »
i honestly can't tell the difference between the old Viper and the new one.  Any chance we could get a side by side comparison?????  (Maybe it's an excuse to see more screens, maybe it isn't)

Snagger

• View Profile
    • http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2006, 07:44:43 AM »
It's hard to tell from those shots because of the differing light source, but I prefer the old version in the top picture as the new one looks too grey.  Is there any way of sorting out the reversed writing on the registration code and parent ship designation?
something I do understand;)  : http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk

timbo1138

• View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #662 on: October 12, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »
Has the model changed between those two shots, or just the textures?
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

Razorback

• Red 5
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #663 on: October 12, 2006, 04:29:03 PM »
The new looks much better.  Nice job.

David Pym

• Viper TopGun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mightypym
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2006, 05:54:12 PM »
from what iv heard their be reskining the new i think ?

Colonel David \'\'Hawkie\'\' Pym
BattleStar Aquarius
CAG WhiteKnight AirGroup
Viper MarkII

Shinzon

• Lt. SG \"Shinzon\"
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #665 on: October 13, 2006, 01:52:08 AM »
wow nice shots, the viper looks ace so far ;)

hurleybird

• Space-Pirate-Ninja
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #666 on: October 13, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »
Quote from: StarSlayer;43117
Old:
And it should be noted that the MK II is currently being remapped so expect an even better skinning of the bird in the future.

Can you use AA when you take screenshots? As it stands, the original model used in the first trailer with AA looks better than either of those models without AA.

Also, it seems like the new model almost looks *too* shiny when compared with the rather unshiny models from the actual show.

timbo1138

• View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #667 on: October 13, 2006, 11:17:56 PM »
I've got to agree about the shininess. The textures are really nice, but it's been buffed and polished a little too much.
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

Herra Tohtori

• View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #668 on: October 14, 2006, 06:15:54 PM »
IIRC the Vipers in show *have* a shining white surface under all the crap stuck into them. At least the "honorary viper" in the miniseries looks like that - like it's been painted with white enamel paint.

And when the dirt and stuff stick to the surface, they form a more "matte" surface. But where the matt surface is broken by occasional brushes, the shining white colour becomes dominant again, as is the matter in the last shot provided.

Aside from that, I think screenshots aren't really the best way to judge how something looks like in-game, especially things like this. It's difficult to estimate from sshots, how shiny something actually is in-game. It's also situation-dependant - if there happens to be a bright star in correct angle, of course the shiny bits might look like "over-shiny". It's the overall impression that matters, and the developers are in a better position of getting an accurate impression since they are after all the only ones who can play the game and look how things seem to be.:)

I'm geeK

• Call Sign: Nova
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #669 on: October 14, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »
Hey guys! This is my first post for this game but I've been following it for some time. I've told every living soul i know aobut this game and the upcomming demo. People are going nuts...

I think I enjoy the sencond MkII more. It gives off more of a badass vibe.

RandallFlagg

• View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2006, 07:41:45 AM »
Anyone have any word on a demo date?

Akula

• View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2006, 08:41:20 AM »
Yes. It's coming.
[/URL]

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »
Quote from: Herra Tohtori;43343
IIRC the Vipers in show *have* a shining white surface under all the crap stuck into them. At least the "honorary viper" in the miniseries looks like that - like it's been painted with white enamel paint.

And when the dirt and stuff stick to the surface, they form a more "matte" surface. But where the matt surface is broken by occasional brushes, the shining white colour becomes dominant again, as is the matter in the last shot provided.

Aside from that, I think screenshots aren't really the best way to judge how something looks like in-game, especially things like this. It's difficult to estimate from sshots, how shiny something actually is in-game. It's also situation-dependant - if there happens to be a bright star in correct angle, of course the shiny bits might look like "over-shiny". It's the overall impression that matters, and the developers are in a better position of getting an accurate impression since they are after all the only ones who can play the game and look how things seem to be.:)

yes the cleaned up viper from the miniseries had a glossy coat, but after all the flying, scrapes, etc those vipers have gone through, its like anything with a shiny surface, eventually it gets rough and loses it's shine, and i dont think they have turtle wax for vipers
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Razorback

• Red 5
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »
Quote from: Josh_88;43439
yes the cleaned up viper from the miniseries had a glossy coat, but after all the flying, scrapes, etc those vipers have gone through, its like anything with a shiny surface, eventually it gets rough and loses it's shine, and i dont think they have turtle wax for vipers

I look forward to seeing your skin job.

Nothing_But_The_Rain

• Callsign: \"Wolfman\"
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2006, 07:39:03 PM »
Quote from: Josh_88;43439
I dont think they have turtle wax for vipers

Quote from: Razorback;43446
I look forward to seeing your skin job.

These two made me guffaw. Yes, guffaw.
The Gods shall lift those who lift each other.