Author Topic: Beauty shots Gallery  (Read 214011 times)

karajorma

  • He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5268
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »
A further point is that MGM closed down Stargate mods mainly on the grounds that they felt that the mod was competition for their commercial game.

Many companies tend to use TV show and movie licenses to pump out poor quality games on the grounds that fans of the show will buy anything with the name on it just to play in that universe. I've not played the official BSG game so I have no idea how good it is but if Universal are going down that route they might consider it worth their while shutting down this mod because they could view it as damaging to sales of their game.

Personally I think that's the wrong attitude. If there is a good BSG commerical game out there you can bet I'll be buying it. If there's a crappy one I won't regardless of whether this mod exists or not.

On the other hand mods like this do a lot to keep people thinking about BSG in between seasons of the show. I can't see that being harmful :)

cheaky monkey

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2005, 10:24:49 AM »
I totaly agree. I think if the game introduces more people to the show, then yay for them. I don't see how the game could make people dislike the show if they have not seen it before the game.

Omniscaper

  • Project Leader Insano
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2432
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2005, 03:20:24 PM »
Oops.. forgot about these...



northtwilight

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 308
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2005, 03:59:15 PM »
Buh-ludd-ee hell.

You know, when you guys do release this mod, I swear, I'm going to just have to sit back and just watch it for a couple of hours, this is so impressive.

Omni, you really should consider doing this professionally. There's a good friend of mine from London who's moved over to the Vancouver Film School after seeing Zoic renders (he works on Maya, mostly) and these shots are easily better than his (different subject matter, but you get the drift).
I could do 10 years of this easily. I think this is some of the finest usages of television I\'ve ever been a part of in my life bar none. I\'ve been doing this for 42 years. I\'ve done some really good work on television and in motion pictures, but there\'s nothing like this show. I can honestly tell you that. By far, one of the finest dramatic pieces of work on humanity I\'ve ever seen in my life."
          --Edward James Olmos

I think {BSG is} so passionate, textured, complex, subversive and challenging that it dwarfs everything on TV.
           -- Joss Whedon

Lt. Cannonfodder

  • Digitalous Grunteous
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1917
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuomaskankola.com
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2005, 04:32:03 PM »
Everyone, big applauds for DaBrain for that lovely nuke effect :)

hazend

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2005, 05:24:41 PM »
Oh WOW!  Excellent work!!!

That looks fantastic!

CaptAidy1701

  • Captain
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2005, 09:51:15 PM »
WOWZA All vipers brake brake brake!

Will you be putting a Mercury Class Battlestar (Pegasus) into the game ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FusionStorm

  • This is my BOOMSTICK!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1495
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2005, 10:09:21 PM »
Quote from: CaptAidy1701
WOWZA All vipers brake brake brake!

Will you be putting a Mercury Class Battlestar (Pegasus) into the game ?



This speaks for itself. :D

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097&page=2
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial

evilotto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2005, 11:05:17 PM »
Quote from: karajorma
A further point is that MGM closed down Stargate mods mainly on the grounds that they felt that the mod was competition for their commercial game.

Many companies tend to use TV show and movie licenses to pump out poor quality games on the grounds that fans of the show will buy anything with the name on it just to play in that universe. I've not played the official BSG game so I have no idea how good it is but if Universal are going down that route they might consider it worth their while shutting down this mod because they could view it as damaging to sales of their game.

Personally I think that's the wrong attitude. If there is a good BSG commerical game out there you can bet I'll be buying it. If there's a crappy one I won't regardless of whether this mod exists or not.

On the other hand mods like this do a lot to keep people thinking about BSG in between seasons of the show. I can't see that being harmful :)


Hi sorry to interrupt but I just saw that Nuke effect you guys posted and i am in heaven ,knowing that will get included.Just wanted to let you guys know that I do have the Universal-Vivendi Battlestar Galactica game for Playstation 2 .It is quite good The CGI cut scenes are super-great but the actual game play has good graphics but the basic Raiders look wrong and is a bit disapointing until you get to the higher levels and The Elite Raiders look similar to the ones from the new series but have no cylon "heads" attached to them.Overall a fun game to play,very difficult challenging.You do not need to worry about them losing sales,trust me ,I had a hard time trying to buy the game as they sell out off the shelves very rapidly.Made popular by the new show ,They are selling the games like crazy.I could only buy a copy from E-bay all the way from Vancouver B.C. Canada.All the Wal-marts ,futureshops,BestBuy...forget it, impossible to find if you live where I live in Toronto. So relax guys.Your mod game is going to be much better with those cool explosion effects ,I believe, but still, dont worry about them losing any sales.:cool1:

karajorma

  • He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5268
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2005, 01:08:05 AM »
I'm not really worried about them losing sales. I'm worried about them percieving that they are losing sales. Remember that all this stuff with RIAA is going on while CD sales in the UK are actually up and yet we hear about British equivalent thinking of suing p2p users too.

Besides just cause this particular game was good doesn't mean that they all will be. I hope they will be (and that they release one for PC) but once they release a bad one and get poor sales they'll possibly be a bunch of people who would rather find a scapegoat than admit they made a mistake.

evilotto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2005, 03:06:41 AM »
Well I do see your point.As a big fan of anything to do with Galactica new or old,I know I speak for many of us down at the Sci-Fi boards.Many feel the same as me that,we are glad you Modders went over to SCI-Fi and decided to explain your views on the early Alpha release.Now we have a great deal more information about when and what to expect.The thing about the Sci-fi boards is that it has a huge following of fans from all over.It is true that it only takes maybe 1 prick that is connected high up in the Galactica Sales\Marketing who is maybe a tad too Greedy and gets jealous or worried about a project like Re-imagined.On the positive side,You guys are now probobly 500 percent more famous now than you were last week.The(silent) majority of the people reading your posts(possibly many Actors,producers involved with TNS and TOS,High executives for Galactica etc.)We are all routing for you ,we are behind you guys 100 percent.Dont be surprized if you modders hit celebrity status soon because of all the attention created over the last few days.I am exagerating a bit but if your Mod team gets invited to party with Heff at the Playboy mansion,dont forget to take alot of pictures to post here for us poor slobs.Cheers!

timbo1138

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 417
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2005, 02:23:48 PM »
*Joins in applause for DaBrain's nuke effect*
Wow... Holy cripes on toast you guys are doing amazing work. If this mod plays even half as good as it looks, it'll be the greatest thing ever.
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."


All of this has happened before...

evilotto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2005, 11:28:44 PM »
HMmmm......okay so it seems some people over at Sci-fi do not have the same views as mine.Just ignore them.I hope that you guys wont think of me as being one of those "Nuts" from over there at Sci-fi. I prefer this forum, to visit and add my comments-questions.I have much more respect for this community now since I have read  alot of the older threads.I have one question that may seem rather dumb since I am new with the requirements of the Freespace game and Mods.Exactly how much Ram is ideal for upgrading my PC to play these mods?Also what would be the best video card to buy ?Bschott had told me 512 Ram is good and a 64 meg AGP card is fine.Now I find that if I play Babylon 5 project I get slow frame rates during heavy battles and I am worried that Schotts recommendations were not correct.I am worried when I see the pics of the Galactica getting hit with those wild Nuke effects.I want to be able to play these mods the way they are designed to be played.Any recommendations appreciated,Sorry if you guys think of me as a Newby-pest.

FusionStorm

  • This is my BOOMSTICK!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1495
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2005, 11:34:36 PM »
Quote from: evilotto
HMmmm......okay so it seems some people over at Sci-fi do not have the same views as mine.Just ignore them.I hope that you guys wont think of me as being one of those "Nuts" from over there at Sci-fi. I prefer this forum, to visit and add my comments-questions.I have much more respect for this community now since I have read  alot of the older threads.I have one question that may seem rather dumb since I am new with the requirements of the Freespace game and Mods.Exactly how much Ram is ideal for upgrading my PC to play these mods?Also what would be the best video card to buy ?Bschott had told me 512 Ram is good and a 64 meg AGP card is fine.Now I find that if I play Babylon 5 project I get slow frame rates during heavy battles and I am worried that Schotts recommendations were not correct.I am worried when I see the pics of the Galactica getting hit with those wild Nuke effects.I want to be able to play these mods the way they are designed to be played.Any recommendations appreciated,Sorry if you guys think of me as a Newby-pest.



It is probley best if you upgrade to 1024mbs of ram, but I don't know about your video card.
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial

evilotto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
    • View Profile
Beauty shots Gallery
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2005, 11:50:14 PM »
Yes thanks for that Ram info .It's too bad I did not ask you guys first about these requirements.....Say, is it true what Bschott said ,that the Alpha BG would run good on an old Pentium 3 500-950MHz with a good video card?I find that hard to believe if I am having slowdowns with my 1.8Ghz PC.512Ram 64 meg Radeon7000 AGP.The basic Freespace2 game works great but after adding video enhancement packages or other mods like Bab5project then the slowdown occur.The early Alpha I won't talk about anymore because I realize it's far from finnished but I know Babylon project is a finnished download,correct?Also what's the story with Stargate project?