Author Topic: Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)  (Read 119076 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »
VERY nice!

I may also be getting some new Zentreadi models but not sure how they will look as they were specifically made for Space Empires IV (By Atrocities...). He says they are low poly but the pics look fantastic so I am hopeful they can BOTH be converted over and still look good after the transition.

Anyway I am hoping to make a TC for that same game and did a test for The Invid Race. Here is the result. You see the Unit(s) that were built and their tiny combat Icon. Ignore the fighter group pic, the original entry was fro a Zent pod so when more than 1 is displayed a group pic is shown of all fighters and I did not make a pic of all types of Invid (YET) so the defualt pic got used.. I hope you guys like this RTS idea.

AFAIK the only complete robotech RTS mod is a Starcraft one (it's all sprites and I don't even have SC lol) and a defunct Armada II mod. I don't count the Homeworld one cause that is more of fleet battles and NOT empire building.

Space EmpiresIV is VERY much like my favorite RTS game of all time "Birth of the Federation"! However SE4 does not use actual 3d models, just images of them.

I even found the Vasudans had been converted but so far I haven't found our Terrans.
Maybe if I have the time later I will make a FS2 TC? Would you guys like to fight RTS style against the shivans and take over worlds they have conquered? he he...

I will try to learn if I can make HERO units (like maybe a Shivan named CARL [Bane of Raa] - giggle)
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2006, 11:26:36 PM »
He he. having a ball making DVD screens or finding good ones on net. Later I will go back and replace them with suitible meshes in poses. I got permission from Atrocities to use his Zentreadi mod and my first step when it comes to modding them will be a simple facelift for SOME of the images (as many of his existing pics are awesome! In fact I asked about getting a hold of the models the HE specifically made to make those images with!!!). If I can get those then even if they MIGHT need a few more poly's added on or a retexture, they still would fill a LOT of the gaps in the Zentreadi shiplist for the FS2 mod.

I just started the RDF/REF side of the SE4mod. Once all images have been assigned I will then make sure everything works according to defualt tech and then go back and start working on custom tech for each race... Nothing etched in stone as far as that is concerned yet, but I've had soem ideas.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the Robotech masters! Guess that mean it will be a 4-way for TC. Or later people can just load them on one race at a time as single add on mods.

l8tr!
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
AA's meshes...
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 06:55:08 AM »
I found some of AA's work on Battleclinic (A SFC site). I remember long ago he tried to convert some stuff over... Didn't see the Ikazuchi there? Anyway as long as all the meshes are his should be no prob, but I will be asking around there for clarification.

I made some preminary conversions for TESTING ONLY to see if they can be done (some had issues), also for glow mapping. The results speak for themselves...

Shadow Beta (still needs to tone down two areas I over did the glowy stuff)

VF in the shadows, like in the asteroid mission... (Needs some fine pixel blacking out around soem glows.)

VF's, Strike VF's, and VF SUPERS!!! (In white, blue and red. Green has issues ATM)...

Hopefully AA can sign off on these as they were not available before when he gave permission. :nod:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 06:57:12 AM by Star Dragon »

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 06:38:29 PM »
I saw these models few weeks ago but i found the map rendering not really good. Maybe it could be better with the FS2_open engine.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 08:00:29 PM »
that IS the Fs open engine... 3.6.5 or .6, as multiple issues/errors crop up in 3.6.7  I had to roll back to make the mod work again. I'll worry abotu finishing FIRST then let someone else convert it over to the newest build in the future...

"Something is better than Nothing..."

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
well
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2006, 04:14:30 AM »
Got some good news/bad news.

Dan Bickell made the VT's (and has stated on varous sites his work can be used WITH credits included...) Bad news the rocket pods and missles on them are Lestat's ) and it's almost been 2 years since I first asked for permission for his other works so... Until I hear otherwise they are going in (but just the VT's! The HW1 meshes I asked for are NOT going in until I get cofirmation, or a decline from Lestat, even if it takes 2 more years...)

I am legally not able to drive anymore due to double cataracts (at the age of 35) so I'm a little angry about how things are at the moment (including having to be about 6 inches from the screen to read this and corect typos).

Don't mean to vent but I nearly lost it in the Doc's office a few weeks ago and it's been a roller coaster since then. (Can I pay for the surgeries? Will my work get my paperwork in or reject my application for insurance? Can I keep my job long enough to be covered?) these kinds of things have been on my mind lately, ect... So my apologies if I've been uncharacteristic lately in postings or replys (like being short with people).

Enough of that...

I've decided if things go, bad... Then when the time comes, upload everything I have on hand for the mod in the hope that in the future someone revists it and ressurects it (if it comes to that). Of course I won't upload the vocie parts (it's like 1 gig after all), but in regards to the mehses, textures, missions ect... So they have a framework to build on.

Let's hope that does not become necessary.

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2006, 07:28:08 AM »
:eek2: :shaking:
That's really a very bad news :( I Hope than you will be fine and back there soon. I'm really sorry for you, I don't know what to say. The american health protection is pitiful, you sould come in Europe. :hoppingma

For the mod, I will continue: I don't know if I would make a campagne or only a serial of missions, it would depend of my time. At the moment, I'm using voices from Max Sterling. I should receive the Macross Island modelized. I don't know yet, how integrate it in the game.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »
ty  As for Europe, long as it is somewhere warm ;) Yeah I love my country BUT the politicians have the priorities ass backwards. I still await teh day we VETS rise up and do a Starship Troopers on them :D

As for the isle, I was going to wait to see how StarFox does things in regards to ground... What they've done with landscapes (buildings and even lighted streetlamps) are great!

Twisted Infinities was also working with ground stuff (tanks, gravity) so I was wondering what their results would do for destroids and other typs of
ground" mecha...

I'm trying to stay fopcused for now and just keep modding what I can.
Trashman will be sending me a version of Storm Attacker soon so I can make some tests in regards to that boldoza fortress.

If it would be alright with you could you send me those new battle pods you made as well as the boosted officer pod? The two cruisers just smaller than the flagship for Zents also I need (Khyron's ship and that monitor next to it). It would be a HUGE help.  :D

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2006, 08:27:56 AM »
My SDF1 Attack mod with the two Monsters added like turrets

I've added a shield too to this model, but I don't like the render: the shield blocks only classic turrets, but not beams turrets. If someone knows how to change that...

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
click one of teh boxes in teh launcher for "beams-non-pierce" that makes beam weapons get blocked by shields (as tehy should be :D)

IT was always my gripe that if shields exist they SHOULD block weapons (unless specially designed to bypass, ala transphasic torps), However each attack drains the shield at diff rates so EVENTUALLY it goes down. Probably with a LONG recharge time if it was brought completely to zero!

Trashman's doing a Storm Attacker version WITH Omni-Barrier in ON mode... So inside the fortress you can see SDF-1 turn ON the barrier AFTER the Reflex multi-missile launch (like an alpha strike). then the fortress blows up around SDF-1. (I may not even need to make it invulnerable or juice hit points as when you are in the center of any exploding model I have never taken damage :D)

Almost forgot (need the Cyclops Recon craft as well - sorry :D)

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »
Ok thanks for your informations, i just must use the last FS2_Open: the one than I used for testing was too old to include this function.

I will send you the Cyclop without the radar and a fixed version of the Glaug Eldare...:pimp:

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2006, 11:31:32 AM »
My email is Getter_Robo_G_2004@yahoo.com  , however I just tried to mail you 3 times.. I hit send and nothing happens like a lockup. Grrr,,,, Fricken Yahoo acting up I guess...

Which version are you using?? I am using 3.6 - any newer and I get multi table errors that I can't figure out (all ships show an error).

When I am finished building I will let others more knowledgeable about SCP convert it all over.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:34:42 AM by Star Dragon »

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »
You shall use this address for me: cxrag@hotmail.com
I don't have any error with my tables, you takes the good weapons in my weapon table?

I'm currently using FRED2_Open3.6.5 (later versions crash down when you display the model), or you can use all last Fred2_open releases but without displaying the model (mapped or wireframe= crash).

You will see, than there are mapping bugs with the Quedol Magdomilla: no bugs with the original model but after the conversion in *.pof.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »
I haven't even got to weapon errors (yet) I mean literally every ship entry even from stock fs2 (all vasudans, all Terrans, adn all shivans) have gun mount errors? (never heard of that before) and many other "token missing" stuff I have no idea what the SCP did to 3.7/8?, but my tables work no problem at all in 3.6.. maybe it's clashing with mods I don't know. At this point as long as I can continue modding I will use whatever version functions for me with no (or minimal) errors.

Lately the most frustrating thing I have to deal with is multi-textures until I can get them baked down to less maps (ie Like a Valdore with 18 textures for the Trek mod). Show up in FRED fine, but crashes in game.

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
I've solved all "token missing" errors in my tables. The only ship which is crashing under Fred2_Open3.6.5 is the Regult (don't know why) but run correctly with all later releases. But no errors in-game.

If you want, i will remake a table, i don't remember if i made the one i sent you with the good :lol:

The number of textures by ship is a problem, that's why i'm using always the same. I have converted all big maps in *.dds to accelerate the game.