Author Topic: Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)  (Read 105670 times)

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 06:27:09 PM »
AFAIK Fraps is a very good program for in-game footage.
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 02:07:32 PM »
I tried the demo , the slow down was to much for me, I'd rather lose visual quality and keep sound action constant.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »
If your comp cant handle it I guess I could give it a try on mine...

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 12:37:24 AM »
He he sure. But I was hoping to recreate the intro to ROBOTECH with allin game footage but the same action as depicted. As more content needed gets done I will attempt it later. For now the atmosphere mix does not look right . It is way too white and too THICK in FSopen. Inthe original mod I mentioned to teh team that it already was a tiny bit thick (more like light fog than clouds) but at least it was flyable. Now in FSopen, that mix is like totally a turnoff. Somehow it will have to be tweaked (anyone knw hwo to do this?
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Attention!
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2005, 03:21:10 AM »
RELEASE !!!

Invid Shock trooper Beta (posed for space combat)

table is basic but has placeholder custom weapon and looks neat in game (Do NOT have .jpg or .tga suppot on or the thruster plumes look fugly!)

for new people instructions in the read me
    we use BASIC FS_Open 3.5.6 only -shine and -glow enabled
    have fun!

Model is finished (unless soemone wants to do a shinemap for all our invids? ;) ) but table is not final at all!

Rock on Protoculture ADDICTS!

http://www.game-warden.com/robotech/invidshockbeta.rar

« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 07:30:06 AM by Star Dragon »

Terrenblade

• Rocket man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2005, 12:50:35 AM »
So I finished the first missile, And a High poly version for when the SCP gets 'SUPER ULTRA HT&L++ EX BETA^3' which will let us use nine million poly fighters, provided we only have 6 or fewer maps for them, (bump, shine, glow1, glow2, animation, GEOmap) but untell that day comes, three months if my source is correct, we'll have to get along with the low poly version.

I've got one shot of the FMV quality, and two of the ingame quality.
 Pleese note, the FMV quality has some basic texturing done, and has good lighting.  The ingame shots have no texture, and lousy lighting.
Mad? Oh yes, quite mad.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
New Unit
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
From the efforts of Accused Raptor I present our newest unit:

The Armored Invid Scout with Booster!

If you notice it, the eyes and cannons have a subtle glow to them. Teh map was 2048 after I added glows I had to reduce it to 1024 to run in game so you lost visibility. This should still look nice however.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
one more
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2005, 11:01:16 PM »
Aside from the clamship (which should be reworked) here are all 4 of the Invid units we have in game (note the Gurab needs to be resized up 1.5 and the two scouts decreased by 75%-50% also the regular scout's legs need to be textured properly but that can wait till later. Matt, Wanna go at it?)

INVID POWER:

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2005, 12:25:23 AM »
Nice shots. :) :yes:
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2005, 08:30:05 AM »
What happened on Hardlight's Forum?  They kicked the Robotech-mod's topic or they moved it?

I moved (changed of work), therefore not Internet during more than one month, that's why I didn't post since a long time.

So, i made some optimisation of my heaviest models => Added a Monitor version with the opened Reflex Main gun
And created some Meltran cruisers (Battlecruiser, Gunboat, Carrier-ship: i know, you don't need it)...

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2005, 06:17:36 PM »
Just cause something is not on the list doesn't mean we don't need it :D

Officially we have no Meltrandi meshes, any examples I have shown are from HW1 and Lestat has not given me permission to use them in the mod (permission status has been pending for months, I asked for a update and more months have gone by. Either he is just ignoring me or is just too busy to respond so in either event since it is PUBLIC knowledge how he has to have direct say about his works before they can be used they are to be considered NOT USEABLE by me or anyone else).

Terrenblade dissappeared so no new missiles... (MIA since March)

BTW posts get kicked cause of lack of new postings, I only post to respond or for a release or new information. This is the BEST place for new info as HLP stopped hosting new mods (plus my "team" is not as active).

We got Trashman as main modler but he's spread out over 7 mods. Matthew Hosts the site and forum here (and mod files of last upload), and teaser vids.

I run around like mad all over the net recruiting/searching for more RT/macross meshes.

that's about it.

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 07:24:05 AM »
You can find there a direct link for the Macross Topic on Hardlight: not display but always hosted.

http://www.gamekult.com/go.html?RD=http%3A%2F%2Fdynamic%2Egamespy%2Ecom%2F%7Efreespace%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fs%3D%26amp%3Bpostid%3D724280%23post724280

And there, a link to the FS2 modding Topic of MetalDestroyer and me. You could find there screenshots of our two project: Robotech and Star Wars mods.

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/forum/lire_337595_codeJ000000782.html

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 10:35:53 PM »
I know where the first link is (LOL)... I started that thread in  Dec 2003 :D  I just don't keep it updated much since we moved main messages here and got offcial hosting since I never got significant support on HLP to justify perm hosting but I was about to petition for hosting regardless when the "Project Feeze" came down and Matt graciously offered space on GW.

By hosting I mean:

Our own forums (Lovely aren't they I MADE BUTTONS!!! Ok it's not that exciting, but it was a major accomplishment for me then)

&

Space on the FTP sever for dev files (which haven't been updated in a year as I dont think enough has been completed to do so. plenty of things to fix in them already).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:38:54 PM by Star Dragon »

Rowhider

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2005, 09:17:06 AM »
Yesterday evenning (for me! lol) I tried to add a post to the Robotech thread but impossible to add: the forum created an other thread. That's closed... Beuuuuh

I didn't know than there is a FTP server: what is available on it?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2005, 07:46:32 PM »
the ref ships that need to eb fixed, one old invid , the old RTmod base. so it;s aroudn 30mb...

My personal build has more liek SDF-1 cruiser mode, all the Invids shown in last screenshot, mode finished alphas and their battloids  and a few nicknacks. Some otehr things are not listed like the outside sources not allowed yet or files that have not been fixed for even test conversions (though we are allowed use).

Until trash has time to look at tehm or we get more modlers status will remain unchanged.  I do have Trayus looking at the 2048 x 2048 NASA Earth pic I sent him a DL link of. IF he can fix it we will have the most kick arse Earth backgound since TBP. Note I posted it like a year ago with no one wanting to take a crack at it. (note it Does work in game even on my machine which I found very shocking...)