Author Topic: Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)  (Read 106641 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Newest Screenshots... (pimpage)
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:59:03 PM »
keeping the public up to date, enjoy! (all team modlers post them here)
 [note] ONLY screenshots of content for the MOD are allowed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 07:46:32 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:28:58 PM »

Galaxy_Stranger

• View Profile
    • http://phobossupplydepot.servegame.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 08:11:19 AM »
This is awesome news.  I'm really glad you guys have picked up the project - I was real pissed when I found out it had been dropped.
Are you guys planning on having transformable ships?

HOLY SHIT - You're in HOUSTON?!?!?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 08:15:28 AM by Galaxy_Stranger »
I don\'t NEEEEED no instructions to know how to ROCK!

Robotech Total Conversion for DOOOOOOOM:
http://robodoom.net

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Welcome
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 03:27:40 PM »
Quick response cause this is for NEW screens only (I've posted the old ones too many times he he).. More testing needed, especially since i need the third for Gerwalks(guardian mode) for the various valkyries as well as the battloids for teh normal veritechs. For now the closets to completion of the transformation options is teh Alphas as we have both fighter adn batloid modes but not guardian (half mech/half fighter)...

In theroy we will eventually as the SEXP for change model needs to be fredded for each mission (note to try making a mission called blank and fred only mission critical fighters like Alpha 1 for transforming and then save it as Mission Template. That way each mission made build off that template already freddded and thus in every mission alpha1 has the option to transform)...

I noticed your sig. If you think we could help each other possibly please go to the recruitment thread I ammaking right now.. L8tr!
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
It's offical TRANSFORMATIONS!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:53:46 AM »
I tested out the change model command andit works instantly (how is when you start the mission it loads the models possible so they are ready to go at the push of a button or event).

I had an alpha fighter and programmed it to change to Alpha battliod  when I hit the 1 button as a test (many other ways can be programmed) and it was  instant and smooth!

Anyway there is a 15yo jerk on yahoo chat who picks on this mod and myself personally so to show my appreciation I posted Zaft Commander's pic on a borg cube (note he is NOT in the mod, this is a joke) and now see me attacking him in my veritech. I dub the the ZAFT CUBE!

If you notice I am firing at a certain place on his anatomy to keep the ignorant prick from reproducing and propogating his stupidy throughout the universe!  ENJOY!

Please note he is obsessed with Gundam Seed (Especially Zaft forces, and no Mommy did NOT help him make that costume, he did it all himself. ZIEGHAIL ! ) :lol:

http://img130.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img130&image=zaftcube.jpg

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Seriously!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 12:25:59 AM »
One of my unofficial duties is as gaming ambassador (lol). Anyway I met Accused_Raptor on relic forums for his Sentinels mod for HW2 and we got to talking. He's just starting out and has limited help as well (but he can model!)

I sent him AA's asn Arisul's models (as they suppor any Robotech related projects) and he in gave us a sneak peek at his Invid Scout model (still a wip granted, but damn I like it!). This thing will rock when it's finished!!!

Here are some pics, sorry I didn't resize, (besides it ruins the clarity!)

good for almost to scale

Expect great things in the future !!!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 01:43:02 AM »
I just canít get over how badass this MOD is going to be! Imagine commanding 30+ alphas on an attack on Reflex point with 80+ Invid mecha. Massive battle.
Or how about the Force of Arms where you, your wingmen, Breetai and the SDF-1 all take on millions of Dolza's ships! There is much potential...

Why I was just thinking,
Ultimately we could shoot be like The Babylon Project and have the MOD and game engine all in one install package so people donít have to worry about already having Freespace 2, they can just download the package and play it. It would also increase our fan base because we could practically call it a new game. We could just post a link on http://www.robotech.com and they would probably announce it on their website and we could have people by the bucket load joining. To my knowledge there are no other 1st person space combat games based on Robotech, they are all 3rd person. It could be very popular.

Of course this is all just phantasy for now. Maybe once I learn to be a better coder (when I finish comp science 3) I could implement something like that. It would be a ways off, but still possible.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
erm...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 04:09:34 AM »
.   Matt (and all others reading this), please do NOT post anything on Robotech.com or leave any links to here or to HLP there... Harmony Gold is not a very nice sort of company (imagine trying to sue the Japanese originators over a licencing issue? The audacity!) Although there is probably a goldmine of help just bursting to join us should they become aware of our efforts, I would very much dread recieving a "cist and decease" order from good old Carl Macek. Of course we get absolutely no profit (or any exchange at all) from this labor of love but since they are not involved (meaning creative control or distrobustion) they can claim we are hurting the franchise and shut the mod down (in theory).

.   I am very wary about IP issues as not everyone is as understanding as Paramount (all the thousands of ST mods keeps the ST community adn franchise strong adn they KNOW and SUPPORT IT!).

.   I myself make VERy discrete inquiries anytime I get near a site that is "Official" or an "Official Affiliate"  as there is ALWAYS one killjoy some where  taht is just waiting to narc on somebody so they get their 15 minutes of fame on the net  for "I caught them! Yup I did!"

Know what I mean?

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 04:13:35 AM »
Allright.
Diddnt know Harmony Gold was that stingy....

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Since you mentioned it...
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 04:20:50 AM »
This is the OLD FOA (Force of Arms) mission test

This mission will NOT work with the new sdf-1 model as I was using the RT1 model.  You lead a wing of VF1S's with strike packs (Supers) and had Reflex Torpedoes (Reflex Missiles are half as strong). Anyway you start off in formation and noone is supposed to use the radio until you hear minmay sing! SDF-1 blows away three or four cap ships and the battle is on! Breeti has his Command NupiteitX and Azonia has her smaller Nupitiet cruiser. Back then with old FS retail I made a track to go witht he mission by alt tab out and start my media player for WE CAN WIN! and alt tab back in game adn it was awesome! to simulate so many ships I constantly had Zentreadi Nupitiet's warping in with no animation so there are just 'there" but with so many you don't really notice. I PLANNED on altering the fleet backgrounds someone made before so you see 5 million Zent ships around you and Earth to make you feel immerced in a truly life or death, end of the world battle!  

Enjoy!

Max Sterling

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 06:44:19 AM »
Quote from: Galaxy_Stranger
This is awesome news.  I'm really glad you guys have picked up the project - I was real pissed when I found out it had been dropped.

Pissed?! Do you have any idea how much work I put into that MOD? I taught myself how to make 3D models from scratch just do to what I did.

I found a way to make transforming ships without editing the code. I created new sound and visual effects, and did over half the MOD work myself. For TWO years. Then I moved on with life when most of my staff became irregular.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
MAX !!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 07:37:17 AM »
.   WOOT! The man himself arrives (again) ;)
  .   I didn't know so much of the Original was attributed to you (that's quite a load). So what do you think so far? Matt talked me into letting him host us since he could take the files en mass and I had bad memories of ezboard.
 Do you like the look of the section?

Were you just poking your head in, or are you starting to get that Protoculture itch again? (God knows what a boon it would be to have you helping us expanding your creation!)...

l8tr!

Galaxy_Stranger

• View Profile
    • http://phobossupplydepot.servegame.com
asdfasdfsa
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 09:13:17 PM »
Yeah, Pissed.

Your team fell apart and the project was dropped.  Hence, pissed.  I never said what you did sucked or anything...  Plus, I was told there was more material that had been nearly completed, but whoever was working on it decided that it wasn't important enough to hand it out.

This was a great mod.  I was pissed to see it not fully completed after garnering so much support.

Pardon the hell out of me.
I don\'t NEEEEED no instructions to know how to ROCK!

Robotech Total Conversion for DOOOOOOOM:
http://robodoom.net

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Gee
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 11:09:52 AM »
Don't hold anything back, tell him how you really feel?

Finished?

As part of a project you should at least be able to empathise a little (after all he DID go into detail of basicly what happened, I DO remember those events a little).

MAX wasn't invalidating your feelings. But Gee, wouldn't you think an actual participant would be more upset than just a fan who appreciated it? I know I would be more irate than ANYONE if this project ever falls through.

Now that we all feel the same way, lets forget about the past and concentrate on the present and future.

Mind the Topic a little, discussing  screenshots here (minor sidetracks allowed)...

Gortef

• huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 03:57:05 PM »
Quote from: Max Sterling

I found a way to make transforming ships without editing the code. I created new sound and visual effects, and did over half the MOD work myself. For TWO years. Then I moved on with life when most of my staff became irregular.

The MOD was pretty far indeed at the time when I came along

Oh and yo people. Nice to see that someone decided to continue this ^^