Author Topic: fs2NetD down for good?  (Read 4464 times)

NightShadow

• Born fighter pilot
    • View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« on: November 29, 2005, 09:54:25 AM »
Is the fs2NetD down for good? i cant even register or connect my old account, Pleeeees tell.:(
Veteran Pilot

Evophyrexy

• wuffie
    • View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 11:18:47 AM »
Na, the rankings are still there, I just dont have mysql up and running yet. Its just not as simple as plugging the server in and it working. linux is giving me a run for my money, but I will hopefully have it up very soon.
and
sorry this is taking so long guys.... its just I am a total n00b to linux and I am having a few little difficulties in getting this server set up. Ive already spent almost 2 whole days trying to get it working. Ive made slow but steady progress.. guess i am going to spend more time at it. I can promise you that it WILL get done though. That is all.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:16:54 PM »
please hurry, im losing peoples intrest by the day

NightShadow

• Born fighter pilot
    • View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:18:22 PM »
Were counting on you. Good luck. :)
Veteran Pilot

Nix

• The voice of the GTNN
    • View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 07:52:17 AM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter']please hurry, im losing peoples intrest by the day

Seriously, if they're not willing to wait for the server to come back up, they're not worth wasting time on.  I hate all these people who want instant gratification.  There's more than enough singleplayer material to explore and to keep anyone busy for a few days or so, and if they aren't hooked by then, I doubt they'd be intrestedat all.  In my little clique of gamers, only one other person heard of it and liked it.  Everyone else just wrote it off without trying it.  WTF is happening to gamers today?

Thunderbird

• View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 11:42:39 AM »
information age,everyone wants everything "right now"
bah
anyways,i cant wait to play online
i never played this online b4,so ill prolly be bantha fodder for few days,but what the hell ;)
good luck with the server,im counting on you :yes:

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 03:11:21 PM »
you guys must believe me when I say I am trying to get this thing working as fast as I can. It should be up by the end of this weekend.

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 07:50:02 PM »
i havent played online sence the last open multitest that i knew about. at the time we werent intrested in player stats tracking. i remember when multiplayer was simple and very fun. the old days you would have to run a search on google, and youd fins some servers and people would just punch in the ip and play. of course now you do a search on google for a freespace multi ip youre gonna get something thats out of date or someone trying to sell you something. this was before games had server browsers and player stats. have people been so spoiled by server browsers and and player stats that it is so impossible to find a multi game the old fashoned way. if your desprate for a multi game go lurk one of the freespace irc channels untill enough people show up for a game, pass out ips and play. no, its better people be impatient and let the coders set up the game for them.
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 12:21:22 AM »
There are freespace IRC channels?

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
fs2NetD down for good?
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 04:28:15 AM »