Author Topic: Upcoming Con...and request  (Read 7684 times)

Black Wolf

• Lemur!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
Upcoming Con...and request
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 04:25:32 PM »
[colour=burlywood]FREDding the kind of things you'd need for this wouldn't be much of a challenge - defend the Galactica/Colonial Mover/Colonial one, basic multiplayer dogifghts etc. etc. Without Cylon capships you're going to be somewhat limited in what you can do, which means pretty much anyone with the models should be able o FRED it up for you.[/colour]
"What you egg!" Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 80
"Young fry of treachery!"Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 81

[colour=red]w00t! [colour] tags for the masses![/colour]

bschott

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 05:04:33 AM »
Oh gods, this is like a tsunami!  

If we can get the demo by the 18th (that way I can get it installed, and tested on my PC, and have time for troubleshooting) we are good.

Right now I am having issues installing my FS2 onto XP... so I may be looking at using SPC ;)

I WILL have digital video cameras available, and I will also have FRAPS running for you.  I will include all the files on a DVD or see if a buddy of mine can host them on his FTP. Pictures will be taken as well for this event.

Reguardless of the status of the BSG demo, I will make sure that SPC is demoed AND freely available to anyone via the server, AND CD-Rs.

Basicly guys, whatever you can get, we will be happy with.  I will be more than happy to demo the B5 mod as well if I can get those guy to give me an approval and shoot me some details/presentation stuff.  I would do the leg work myself (and would definately prefer to) but I don't have the time as of yet. I have nine personal computers to get ready, make sure everyone else is patched and ready to go, make sure I have 20 CD's full of antivirus, spyware removal, patches, and updates ready.  Need to get the itinararies, make sure we are on the schedule, confirm the 'door open' time for setup and the 'door's open time' for the public.  

I also need to write up a speach/presentation for the BSG mod, SPC, Freespace 2's history, and (if they ok it and get me the info) the B5 mod.

FusionStorm

• This is my BOOMSTICK!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 05:07:42 AM »
Were gonna do our best to pull it off. ;)
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial

bschott

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 05:17:07 AM »
That is all we could ask for :)

Duelron1001

• FS:NA mod leader
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/fsna/
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 10:38:45 AM »
what about FSNA? http://www.game-warden.com/fsna/

i would be willing to alow you to show off/share a internal release that the team has being working on (v0.25A R4, about time it went public anyway). the FS community in genral could use all the attention it can get. it's amazing how many people who are die hard fans of FS that don't know about SCP. a shame really, it's great peace of work.
Leader of the Freespace: A New Age TC mod

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2005, 01:20:14 PM »
Bschott, run by me again, what exactly are you going to show of this project? Video footage, or an actual playable demo?

If video is the case...I prefer to do the editing myself...cuz I have a particular vision on how to effectively tease the audience with the BSG mod. I am very familiar with Fraps and various editing programs. And besides, video editing is my bill paying trade.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:25:20 PM by Omniscaper »

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2005, 01:28:26 PM »
If a playable demo is the case, then all this hussle going about now, should concentrate on a 1-2 mission demo. Dukeman you reading this? :)

I seriously doubt that a full fledged mini-campaign, complete with video and voice tallent can be done within a 9 day period.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2005, 01:37:46 PM »
I hear you Omni...check your PMs soon.

bschott

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2005, 01:44:51 PM »
Quote from: Omniscaper
Bschott, run by me again, what exactly are you going to show of this project? Video footage, or an actual playable demo?

If video is the case...I prefer to do the editing myself...cuz I have a particular vision on how to effectively tease the audience with the BSG mod. I am very familiar with Fraps and various editing programs. And besides, video editing is my bill paying trade.

We would like to run the actual demo, but I ment that we would tape the convention, take pictures and even run a fraps capture for you, since you were kind enough to supply a demo.

We never expected a full fledge campain :)  Just some eye candy to get people intersted and hopefully drum up some more support.  I thought since we had this large captive(ated) audiance, why not hit them with a demo of some kind.  Since the guys (and myself) who are running the LAN with me are BSG fans, the first mod we thought of was here :)  When we saw that you didn't have one out yet, we didn't want to bother you so we were going to try the X-box route, but that was shot down but the con committee.  So, I decided to make the suggestion..and here we are.

We will take what ever we can get and be happy with it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:49:23 PM by bschott »

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2005, 01:46:15 PM »
I see....

bschott

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2005, 01:53:23 PM »
is that a good "I See" or the evil "I see"?

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2005, 02:30:16 PM »
lol Its cool...I'll still put together a video for the intro....It will be sweet!

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 03:51:18 AM »
Boschott, have you been able to get FS2_open working yet?

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 11:38:59 AM »
this demo package will be available in about 12-14 hours from now.

Warcaster

• Chaos Overlord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/warcaster
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 03:56:39 PM »
when you say 'available' do you mean up for download for us no good lazy bums to enjoy?

warcaster
\'Horus was weak, Horus was a fool, he had the galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away. Let the galaxy burn!\' - Abaddon the Despoiler, At The Onset of the Cadian War M39.463  .

\'Abaddon wasn\'t much better, he couldn\'t even take the Cadian gate. I will not be so foolish. Come my brethren darkness awaits for those on Holy Terra\' -Warcaster at the battle of Trehain before the disappearence of the Black Legion 7th Company M41.212  .

Todays Date: M41.213....

Are you a Vampire or a Lycan