Author Topic: Official "what is going on" statement  (Read 296966 times)

swiftfox260

• Music man.
    • View Profile
Official "what is going on" statement
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »
Quote from: Prototype;138838
I seem to have found the algorithm for getting new information, pop in only from time to time. :)

Btw, Brock, I shot you a quick message on MSN.

This. I was surprised to see something new. :D

mariomix10

• View Profile
Can I help at all?
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
Hey man, I can't wait. Could you use some help? I mean, It depends on what you would need. Do you need any more 3D modelers, a beta tester maybe? Anything I can do to help this mod come out faster, I would be happy to do so.

StarFoxGuy308

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »
This has been going on for this long?! Wow nice this is gonna be great.

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »
Quote from: StarFoxGuy308;142799
This has been going on for this long?! Wow nice this is gonna be great.

Hello, guy! Good to have you here!

:welcome to

I hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of shrinking your signature, and turning it into a link. It remains intact, just a good bit less annoying now. Hope you understand :)
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

mariomix10

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:40 AM »
Quote from: Andross;138631
So, 3DS has been released... official word guys?

I have to say I like mine, but I guess it's just personal preference...

dingdongfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »
How about transforming the game from n64 to pc with sol graphics and levels? how about it?

how about transforming sf64 from n64 to the pc with sol graphics and missions
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:11:37 PM by Scourge of Ages »

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
Quote from: dingdongfifty;147566
How about transforming the game from n64 to pc with sol graphics and levels? how about it?

how about transforming sf64 from n64 to the pc with sol graphics and missions

As you can see from this thread, and this board in general, progress on SoL seems to have stalled, just a bit as DaBrain deals with other projects and real life.
When he gets back, he'll probably get back to you on your questions.

I think I can answer the question though:
If you are referring to porting StarFox 64 to the SoL engine with updated graphics, then the possibility is there, but the SoL team will not do it.

For starters, surface missions are already not very viable at this time which much of SF64 consists of. When SoL is released, you will be welcome to create a campaign which recreates the 64 game as closely as you can manage, you might even be able to join a team doing just that.

One more thing: Please don't double post. If you wish to add more to a previous post, use the edit button and add more to that post. Thanks!
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

futur0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
For me the whole thing sounds pretty dead...

I am watching this project now for how long? 4-6 years?

And I don't see any progress :(

what we all waited for was a playable 1 level demo with your ideas

and I don't understand why you don't go for crowd funding and make a cool product out of it?

thx

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
Well, projects do these things. Especially when the whole project is mostly one guy doing the bulk of the work and organizing. And that guy is busy. With a job and life and other projects. So it goes, hopefully the project will get back on its feet soon enough. But hey, we've been patient this long, a little longer won't hurt.

In the meantime, over at Hard-Light, a lot of other projects have been finished and released. If you're looking for something to do, head on over! (link in my signature).

Make sure to check out the Wing Commander release!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 12:32:53 AM »
Quote from: futur0;147745
and I don't understand why you don't go for crowd funding and make a cool product out of it?

Nintendo would stomp all over them if they had tried that.

laishenlai

• View Profile
f
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
The reasoned decision issued today by the US Anti-Doping Agency on Lance Armstrong's doping case has been received by the World Anti-Doping Agency,Carbon wheel  and a statement of support has come from its president John Fahey.

“We would like to commend USADA for having the courage and the resolve to keep focused in working on this difficult case for the sake of clean athletes and the integrity of sport," Fahey said in a press release.

The Australian confirmed that his agency will now, "as with all cases, Carbon Wheelset carefully consider [the reasoned decision's] contents and the voluminous accompanying evidence".

He further supported the efforts of the American agency, stating, “The process followed by USADA has at all times been appropriate and careful, and in compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code)."

The file is also in the hands of the UCI, Carbon Track Wheelswhich has said it would examine the dossier and comment as promptly as possible. It has 21 days to decide whether it would appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in order to reverse Armstrong's lifetime ban.

"Thereafter, WADA has a further 21 days to determine whether we will exercise our independent right of appeal," Fahey said. “In the interim, it is obviously inappropriate for us to make further comments."