Author Topic: A lone man approaches in the distance  (Read 10551 times)

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
A lone man approaches in the distance
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:35:32 AM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;137139
Finally beat FreeSpace 2!
Summer's here! Who knows? Maybe when Wii U comes out in 2012 there will be a shiny new Star Fox game waiting for us so we can "feel" the laser blasts through our controller! (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Yeah right! Keep dreamin'!)

Well we've got SF643D coming in September anyway! Hands up who's going to go straight out and buy that!!!
:yes:
BTW, I don't know if anyone posted here, but Fox_McCloud3232's Lylat Reloaded texture pack has been released, google Lylat Reloaded to find that.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
Not I, said the cat.
I can't get a 3DS. I'm broke.

BTW, does anybody know how I can contact TrashMan on HLP? I wanted to talk to him about some of his modeling.

EDIT:
Whoa.... hang on.....

Kirby gets TWO Wii games while Star Fox and F-Zero get NONE!?

WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO!? :hoppingma
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:05:23 PM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
The console has a decent price considering that it just got released... But the games's prices are just ridiculous here @ Brazil so no
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Kiloku

• Master of Lurking
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kiloku
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
Wait, what, you're from Brazil, too, Falco? We suffer from the crazy prices equally, isn't that nice? xD

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 01:42:35 AM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;137163

BTW, does anybody know how I can contact TrashMan on HLP? I wanted to talk to him about some of his modeling.

If you see any post by any member, you can click the "Personal Message" button in the area below their name. See this post for an example: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73507.msg1452472#msg1452472
Or you can just use this handy link to get straight there: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=624 (it's just what happens when you click the PM button)

By the way, I will be getting SF3D at some point, but I want to make sure the get the 2nd gen or at least 2nd production run of 3DSs so that any big issues will have been ironed out by then, theoretically.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
Wait- of all the people you want to ask about modeling, why Trashman?
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »
Because of this:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Alliance_Jump_Gate

I really like the design, except there's a few tweaks I would have made. But like I said, I don't know anything about modeling.

Is he not...... a good modeler?

Also, if you know anything about modeling, could you tell me what the best free program is to use? I've tried blender, but it's too...... complicated. It frustrates me.

Also, do most people on HLP use autodesk maya?

I mean. I'm new to the board, so I don't know that many members. I'm a noob when it comes to modeling, so I wanted to talk to some experienced people and learn their techniques. I need a "modeling mentor" so to speak.
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

DaDarkDragon

• i breath evil fear shadow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
have you tried the tutorials on the blender site? i watched a couple of the video under Blender Beginners Course  and they seem very informative.  if the interface looks different get the newest one

but if you want to try a different program here is an article that list 25 free ones that might fit your preferences

stfx

• yeaaah ... no
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
Quote from: Kiloku;136600
Through the wastelands, you see a small figure approaching. It seems to be human, and it crawls, slowly, painfully, to your direction, under the merciless sun that burns his skin. He gathers some strength to look ahead, and he sees you. He hurries in your direction, crawling faster, but unable to get up. He hurts his knees and elbows, but he doesn't seem to care, he needs to reach you. After a torturous crawl, he is very close to you. He looks up, right into your eyes...
"Please... You're my only hope... I need... Development... [SIZE=0]Progress... Updates.[/SIZE]"

He collapses.

This was the last thing he saw before he died:

PS: This is fiction, of course he can be revived. Take that as a hint :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:13:55 PM by stfx »

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
Aroooooooooo?
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 01:53:21 AM »
Wait......... what?

OH! I KNOW! IT'S AKU!!!!

see the similarity?

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Double posting because no edit button is available.

StarFox SOL: Forever

yingxuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »
I will get SF3D at some point, but I think in order to ensure or at least the second generation of the second production run of 3DSs any major problem has been ironed out.